Science GPA vs. Cumulative GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faridm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.4 science GPA but my cumulative is probably like a 3.1 because I went to Law School and it kicked my butt. I am pretty sure my Law School grades will be averaged with my College grades. So I was wondering if Science GPA is more important than cumulative GPA and how dental schools make sense of the two GPAs and if my cumulative is too low to apply???

Members don't see this ad.

faridm said:
I have a 3.4 science GPA but my cumulative is probably like a 3.1 because I went to Law School and it kicked my butt. I am pretty sure my Law School grades will be averaged with my College grades. So I was wondering if my cumulative is too low to apply???

i don't think your law school grades would be averaged with you undergrad grades...but i could be wrong

Q: How are AADSAS GPA's calculated?

A: AADSAS reports a variety of GPA calculations to the dental schools. The grade conversion table and rules used to calculate GPA's can be found in the AADSAS Instructions.

AADSAS reports: overall GPA (undergraduate, graduate and combined); and these undergraduate GPA's: biology-chemistry-physics GPA (BCP); science GPA (all science courses including math, natural sciences and BCP; non-science GPA.