Science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

GatorWell

What classes count for science GPA? I am a nutrition major. I was wondering if nutrition classes count as part of science GPA. Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

"Science" GPA means Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Math. What academic department do nutrition majors fall under at your school? Anthropology?

the 'help' menu on the AMCAS application gives pretty detailed instructions regarding where certain classes should be classified. nutrition classes don't count as science classes, which are limited to the hard sciences and math--nutrition, as well as most other health-oriented courses, falls under 'health' and thus doesn't factor into your science GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
what would anthroplogy count as? physical/biological anthroplogy courses.

Would research credit under science department count as science GPA? What mathematics classes count as part of GPA? Thank you for the replies.

GatorWell,

Check with your pre-med advisor. You'll get an exact GPA. My GPA varied a little between the university, TMDSAS, and each school. I believe they can calculate it however they chose.

:)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by bjc:
•"Science" GPA means Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Math. What academic department do nutrition majors fall under at your school? Anthropology?•••••I didn't know that Math was considered a science. Is that really true? If so, that would be great for me! I got all A's in Calc I, II, III, but a B in Differential Equations :confused: