Science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LTrain1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do classes like geology and astronomy count toward the gpa med schools consider "science" gpa or is it only bio, chem, physics, math?

Members don't see this ad.

LTrain1 said:
do classes like geology and astronomy count toward the gpa med schools consider "science" gpa or is it only bio, chem, physics, math?

bio, chem, physics, and math are general subjects.

bcpm includes ALL science courses, from geology to immunology to organic chemistry to bioorganic chemistry to astronomy to anything that is science related.

Note, however, it does not include any engineering classes...even if they may be obviously science classes. As an example, my molecular physical chemistry class is not included in BCPM GPA cause it is through the bioengineering department. Kinda sucks, but oh well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bluntman said:
Note, however, it does not include any engineering classes...even if they may be obviously science classes. As an example, my molecular physical chemistry class is not included in BCPM GPA cause it is through the bioengineering department. Kinda sucks, but oh well.

are u sure? i included that class in my bcpm...amcas said it was fine...

What about neuroscience courses listed in the psychology department?

dmtang2 said:
are u sure? i included that class in my bcpm...amcas said it was fine...

yeah, my advisor said that engineering classes can be physics.

And yes, neuroscience classes can be biology.