Science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbas

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does having a good science GPA (>3.65) make up for a poor grade in one of the prereq classes, or will that grade still come back to haunt you? In my case, I have A/A- in all of my science and math courses except ochem I, which I got a C+ in. Will that grade be more likely to be overlooked since my science GPA is still good, or would you recommend that I retake it.

Members don't see this ad.

bbas said:
Does having a good science GPA (>3.65) make up for a poor grade in one of the prereq classes, or will that grade still come back to haunt you? In my case, I have A/A- in all of my science and math courses except ochem I, which I got a C+ in. Will that grade be more likely to be overlooked since my science GPA is still good, or would you recommend that I retake it.

one class won't truly screw you over, just do well in orgo II and your other science classes so it'll look like a fluke.

i think that there are too many of these threads, one grade really isn't that big of a deal. remember, its the big picture!!!!