science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erikaautumn

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a trying to figure out what my science GPA will be and am not sure whether Nutrition classes, Agric/Horticulture or a Bioethics class would be included. Does anybody know?
Also, I recently got my MCATS back and got a 11P, 11V, 10B. This is ok but I did not take OChem labs, Genetics, or any Molecular Bio or Physiology before I took it (I am a Botany major). I am reasonably sure I could raise my bio scores a couple of points but I am not sure if it is worth it. Time is not a problem, I will have taken these classes by next April and am applying for 2001. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

A 32 composite is really good, you may not need to re-take the MCAT, depending on what schools you want to go to. I thought your science GPA would be based on all of the courses that earn science degree credit -- ie Botany, Physics, etc., would, but - for example - Earth Science 101 wouldn't.

------------------
Kimberly R.
Class of 2004, I hope!
"Every individual matters.
Every individual has a role to play.
Every individual makes a difference."
-Jane Goodall

If you go through AMCAS, then your science GPA is based on Math, Bio, Chem, and Physics courses only (the BCMP summary that AMCAS sends back to you). Then they will calculate your "AO" or all others GPA and then a composite GPA.