science letters of rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snaangirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!
Sorry to bring this topic up for the one millionth time but is 2 science letters suffiecient? Will some schools ask for a third one after they recieve only 2 of them?
Thanks a bunch!
snaangirl

Members don't see this ad.

Hey snaangirl,

I believe 2 science profs are good for 95% of the schools. Only Columbia, from my understanding, requires three science. I hope this helps.

DesiDentist

nah you don't really NEED 3 for columbia... you can get away with it by having a comittee letter or just a compliation of letters (like if you guys have an office where they collect all your letters....). I only had two and but since UCLA collects them they said that's good enough....
sigh wish I knew before hand...
hope this helps!

Wahoooooooooo GO LIONS!

two more days of being a bruin before i convert....

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh really!! You mean if I have 2 science recs I can get away with it? I thought Columbia was pretty strict about getting 3 science recs. My school doesn't have a commitee so I will need to have individual recs. So far I have 2 science, 1 employer, 1 dentist, and 1 non-science. Do you think that will be enough for applying to Columbia? I appreciate any input.

Regards,

DesiDentist

desi... me 2!!
i hope that combo will do... i am applying to columbia as well... anyone out there know for sure??
thanks!
snaangirl

desi... me 2!!
i hope that combo will do... i am applying to columbia as well... anyone out there know for sure??
thanks!
snaangirl