Science LOR from a 199 in Public Health?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sophie

Lead Foot
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble with getting science LORs. A professor I spoke with today suggested that I get the prof I'm doing research with to write me one and that she would count as a "science professor that has taught you" if I do a 199 with her instead of just volunteering for her. But she's in Public Health, not Bio, Physics, or Chemistry, and it wouldn't be an actual class, just a 199 (research internship). I'm really hoping he's right, because she's already told me she'd write me a phenomenal letter, whereas any science prof I convince to write me one will be a very bland "I don't even know this person" letter. Any idea if a letter from her would really count as a science LOR?

Also, what's the consensus on Psychology counting as science? I'm thinking no, but it's worth asking at least. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I understand, neither the public health or psych letters would count as science letters. But definitely include those in addition to your science ones, if they are really strong recs!