Science LORs - Biological Anthropology and Medical Anthropology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

California Bear

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all,

So I'm a non-trad who majored in Anthropology and PH during undergrad and was wondering if the courses below would count towards my science LORs. The faculty members who taught the courses are in the anthro department.

Introduction to Biological Anthropology - An introduction to human evolution. Physical and behavioral adaptations of humans and their prehistoric and living relatives. Issues in evolutionary theory, molecular evolution, primate behavior, interpretation of fossils. Prehistoric activities, racial differences, genetic components of behavior are defined and evaluated.

Introduction to Medical Anthropology - Cultural, psychological, and biological aspects of the definitions, causes, symptoms, and treatment of illness. Comparative study of medical systems, practitioners, and patients.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would think the first author (biological anthropology) counts, though the second one seems to be a bit more social science-y. I could be wrong, but that's my interpretation of it!

What do the professor's department bio read like? look them up

John Smith PhD
Associate Professor
Department of Archaeology, Biological Anthropology

For Biological Anthropology:
Jane Doe PhD
Associate Professor
Department of Archaeology, Biological Anthropology

For Medical Anthropology:
John Smith PhD
Lecturer
Department of Archaeology, Medical Anthropology