Science Passage Strategies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badmintondr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know you're supposed to blaze through the passages and find the small useful tidbits of information. Look at graphs briefly and determine quick easy trends. Notice which topics are mentioned. Just notice where experiments are so if they reference it, then you return to it later. And that this is all supposed to happen in 1-2 minutes.

But I can NEVER accomplish this even successfully at all. I mean, I do this and I try to skim over this stuff but I skip so much important crap. This may only be applicable in general chemistry as this is where I always get raped in the #!@ because of time constraints.

Do you guys do this whole quick skim with general chem? Am I just stupid and frustrated? Should I switch to a different tactic? Is this the right thing to do?

My blood is boiling with rage at my inability to do these TBR passages with any kind of success. I feel like I know the material. I've read, noted, and addressed all my weaknesses in the chapter. I've done the practice problems from EK 1001 which are associated with it. And I still get @#%$#@ in these passages.

Sigh rant over /frustrated :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I know you're supposed to blaze through the passages and find the small useful tidbits of information. Look at graphs briefly and determine quick easy trends. Notice which topics are mentioned. Just notice where experiments are so if they reference it, then you return to it later. And that this is all supposed to happen in 1-2 minutes.

But I can NEVER accomplish this even successfully at all. I mean, I do this and I try to skim over this stuff but I skip so much important crap. This may only be applicable in general chemistry as this is where I always get raped in the #!@ because of time constraints.

Do you guys do this whole quick skim with general chem? Am I just stupid and frustrated? Should I switch to a different tactic? Is this the right thing to do?

My blood is boiling with rage at my inability to do these TBR passages with any kind of success. I feel like I know the material. I've read, noted, and addressed all my weaknesses in the chapter. I've done the practice problems from EK 1001 which are associated with it. And I still get @#%$#@ in these passages.

Sigh rant over /frustrated :mad:

This should cool you down:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=2718360&postcount=7

:cool: