May 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Not sure how much of a problem this is, but one of the two science professors I asked for a LOR has yet to submit the document. He was pretty responsive up until early May, but he hasn't responded to any of my e-mails since then. My application was already verified, and I'm assuming it's going to get sent out on the 10th (not even sure if this is how it works).

Does anyone know if I'll still be able to add a LOR to my application after it's sent out? Also I'm starting to get nervous with the complete lack of replies; how much would it hurt my app if he ended up never submitting the letter? I only ask because many of the schools I have on my list require 2 science letters. For additional context, I have 5 other letters: 1 science letter, 2 humanities letters, 1 letter from my PI, and 1 letter from a doctor I shadowed.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
1) You can add the letter after your application is submitted and transmitted
2) I advise applicants not to assign any letter to a school until after the letter is in AMCAS
3) At some schools that require 2 science faculty that you have taken classes with, not having could make you app incomplete and therefore not processed

Reactions: 1 users
Jan 7, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Schools won't see that your professor didn't submit unless you've already assigned the letter to the school, I believe. Continue trying to contact him but also start working on a backup letter right now, just in case.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads