science-related research course credit--->science or non-science gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlee1986

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've been involved in ophthalmology research for the past two years and have been getting course credit for it. does anyone know if these credits would count toward my science aadsas gpa, better yet, bcp aadsas gpa? the thing is though, the name of the course doesn't reflect the type of research i did (the course name i've been getting credit for is called "undergraduate research"..which is pretty vague). has anyone else had this dilemma? Thanks for your help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd put it under the BIO section just because most school look at it as bio, it doesnt make sense if its not, but in the end it doesnt really matter too much, as asdas looks over the transcripts and decides when they recieve it.

Members don't see this ad :)
If the department on your transcript says bio (or dept of physiology, anatomy, cell bio, w/e you have), put bio. Worst case scenario they just change it on their own.

the department it's under is called "University Courses", which doesn't even suggest a science-related research course....so I don't know what to do. I called aadsas today too but the girl told me to look in the instruction booklet, which doesn't really explain anything about research courses..

Maybe other science then. Most people on here seem to think that portion is the least important dealing with grades since they can change it if they see fit.