Science vs. BCP GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pebbs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I often see you post your science/overall gpa's on the board. When you say science, do you mean science (including math and computer science and all that) or do you mean strictly BCP (bio,chem,physics)? I know that both are calculated for you...does one bear more weight than the other?

It seems as though the overall science gpa is the one you guys mostly state, is that true?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Pebbs!

The Science GPA includes all science courses, including math (although I don't know about computer science, but I imagine it does count). The BCP, on the other hand, is only biology/chemistry/physics, and is usually made up of very few courses in comparison to the science GPA.

I think that the Science GPA is more important than the BCP. That's why everyone states this, along with the overall GPA.

Hope this helps!

Bucky

My major was Computer Information System.
In my case, can I include all computer science course grades as well as lab grades?

Hopefully science grade counts computer science
course grade. It will help me alot.

Do all Math classes count towards to the Science GPA calculation or just Calculus ones? And if only Calculus ones count, is it just Calc I, or can a class such as Calculus Fundamentals or Calculus for Decision Making count? Thanks.

GO CELTICS!