DAT ScienceAide Organic Chemistry Reaction Tables

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kevbox

Vendor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We're giving away 15 Reaction Table Sets! They come with both Reaction Table 1 and 2. You can see more information about them here: http://www.scienceaide.com/studysheets.php. They contain 80-90% of the reactions you will encounter as an undergrad in organic chemistry courses, categorized by reaction type and color coded. There is very little text on these guides, just purely organic chemistry reactions!

These reaction tables have been a big hit at bookstores, as well as online. We made these because we remember how much of a pain it was to keep our reactions organized.

Just reply to this thread with your organic chemistry experience, or if you haven't taken it, what you hear organic chemistry will be like. A SDN admin will select 15 winners!

ScienceAide was started by recent graduates of UCSD and USD (pre-dent and pre-med). We remember how difficult our times in school were and really want to make products that really help our peers study and learn more efficiently. We love to hear your feedback!

Good luck with your Studying!

Best,
The ScienceAide Team (Kevin, Jaysond, Jeff)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
We're giving away 12 Reaction Table Sets! They come with both Reaction Table 1 and 2. You can see more information about them here: http://www.scienceaide.com/studysheets.php

These reaction tables have been a big hit at bookstores, as well as online. We made these because we remember how much of a pain it was to keep our reactions organized.

Just reply to this thread with your organic chemistry experience, or if you haven't taken it, what you hear organic chemistry will be like. A SDN admin will select 12 winners!

ScienceAide was started by recent graduates of UCSD and USD (pre-dent and pre-med). We remember how difficult our times in school were and really want to make products that really help our peers study and learn more efficiently. We love to hear your feedback!

Good luck with your Studying!

Best,
The ScienceAide Team (Kevin, Jaysond, Jeff)
Does it contain all the rxn's that you have to know for the DAT?

These look like they would be great! The material looks like you can use a dry erase marker on it, is this correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it contain all the rxn's that you have to know for the DAT?

Hey DR2009,

The Reaction Tables should contain at least 80-90% of the reactions you'll encounter on the DAT. They are organized by the type of reaction (ie. alkene, alkyne, benzene, alcohol, carbohydrates, etc.). They are also really helpful for organic chemistry courses.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Kevin

These look like they would be great! The material looks like you can use a dry erase marker on it, is this correct?

Hi eilrahcmi,

These Reaction Tables are actually laminated, so they don't have the dry erase coating on it. But stay tuned, we will have some more new products that do have the ability for you to use dry erase marker on =).

Thanks,
Kevin

o geez, o-chem was an intense experience. i remember cramming reactions in microscopic font on the single notecard we were allowed to bring to our midterms. the class wasnt all that bad though, but its been a while since ive done recreational electron pushing. one of these babies sure would come in handy for the DAT.

Organic chemistry reactions were definitely hard to understand for me. However any resources that break down the material into sections or more organized layouts is great!

It's been a while since I took Organic Chem. That was the first class that really kicked my butt! It's like a whole new language, but once you get used to it it's not so bad. These study guides look great and would definitely come in handy for the DAT.

Ochem is something you have to do [problems] to learn and understand. I had the worst experience ever in my first ochem class because I approached it the wrong way. I started doing better as I took more classes.

I took Organic Chemistry in my second year of college. It was a new language and I honestly remember taking notes and really wanting a stamp of a benzene ring because I got so sick of drawing them. It was a lot of memorization and all nighters even though we were instructed not to memorize. It just scares me to have to re-visit the topic. The reaction table set really seems like a useful tool and will come in handy because it groups all the much needed information in a set. I hope I get one! Thanks.

I took organic chem my sophomore year of college. Even though it was challenging I actually really enjoy the subject!

This would definately help in learning all the reactions for the test.

From my experiences, organic chem. was difficult for me. Reading from the text book even making it harder because I would always zoom out. After reading from the text I would always re-read it again. I am a visual learner, so these reaction tables would definitely benefit me when studying for the DAT.

I thought we could only have the scratch sheets or these, but it looks like we can get both. I know the promotion is over, but it looks like there are less than 15 posts so if possible, I wouldn't mind one for studying. If it's not possible, its alright. ;)