SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

SCO- What's Memphis like for someone from the east coast?

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by i_wanna_get_in, Apr 9, 2007.

1. i_wanna_get_in

i_wanna_get_in New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    hey, what are everyone's thoughts on the city of memphis?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. JMU07

JMU07 5+ Year Member

Aug 16, 2006
    VA
    SCO is my first choice! I actually live right outside of Richmond, and I absolutely hate going into the city but Memphis is so much different. There's a lot more culture, and cool things to do, and the atmosphere is just a lot more welcoming, in my opinion. I visited for a weekend last year and absolutely loved it. So, I don't have much to say about the city but I wanted to throw my 2 cents in, as someone who visited :) (of course, as with any city, there are run down parts, but that's to be expected!)

4. i_wanna_get_in

i_wanna_get_in New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    hmm i guess i'll find out in august, but what's there to do around campus? i know beale st. has lotsa clubs and bars, but aside from that...? and btw are u applying to sco now too? :idea: :hardy:

5. JMU07

JMU07 5+ Year Member

Aug 16, 2006
    VA
    I wasn't able to explore the city too much, but it looked to me like there was a lot to do. I'm more of a homebody anyways, so having a ton of stuff to do isn't at the top of my list. And yeah, I'm applying this summer for fall '08. :)