Scope of practice for Radiation Oncologists in Australia for a doctor from Germany.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shreypete

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

I have a query. I have recently joined specialty training (in Radiation oncology) in Germany after having worked in Internal Medicine for 20 months. The training program here in Germany is technically 5 years, in my case 4 1/2 and 6 months of Internal Medicine can be counted towards the specialty training in Rads-onc. My question is what is the job scene like for Radiation oncologists in Australia? and in particular, for those moving from Europe, such as Germany?

I am currently in a dilemma if I should stay back and finish my training in Germany or go to the UK and continue with Internal Medicine with the intention of moving to Australia sometime later after having finished my training. I don't plan to of course settle in Australia but would be great to live there for a few years and get insight into how the medical system there works.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user