Score did not increase in between NBME 6 and NBME 7.(3 weeks apart) Should I be worried?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tony101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a question.

I have been studying for Step2 CK doing Uworld questions and studying every day(doing some anki here and there).
I took NBME 6 roughly 3 weeks ago and scored around a 241 which I thought was okay. However, I took NBME 7 today, and AGAIN scored a 241. I'm sure some of you will notice I didn't have a practice test in between for 3 weeks. That's because my schedule got screwed up since I was originally grinding for an earlier date but COVID got my step 2 CK canceled. So I had to postpone my test for 2 weeks. So I kind of slowed down studying(a lot for a week or so) and my rhythm was thrown off for a bit.

Anyways, I was honestly shocked beyond belief at this since my Uworld Scores have been increasing every week. I'm averaging a 74% right now and my last week or so, I actually have been averaging 75-85% on most questions. (And my Uworld average was much lower when I took NBME 6).

Should I be worried? I got around a 75% percentile on step 1 and want to make sure I hit the same percentile on step 2ck since I know scoring wayyyy lower looks bad. And right now a 241 is SUPER low, roughly 40th percentile.

Any tips? Anything to calm my nerves? I take my test July 1st.

Any help would be appreciated :(

Members don't see this ad.

I took nbme 6 and 7 a week apart and got the same score. I wouldn’t stress too much about it, you’ll probably do much better on the UWSA. Plus, 241 on those NBMEs puts you in the high 250’s per Reddit score converter

I took nbme 6 and 7 a week apart and got the same score. I wouldn’t stress too much about it, you’ll probably do much better on the UWSA. Plus, 241 on those NBMEs puts you in the high 250’s per Reddit score converter

Two questions
1) Do you think its an issue that I didn't increase? I am just going over my test right now, and it looks like I changed 7 right answers to wrong(last second) AND I actually made 2 dumb easy mistakes.

Oh well that's good. So a 241 should be high 250's on the real thing? Is it pretty accurate?