Score DROPPED on UWSA 1 vs UWSA 2 and NBME 19! Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silverfox2000

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took UWSA 1 and expected to get a much higher score since everyone here says it over predicted their scores. However, I was shocked that my score was 192!! I personally thought it was harder than UWSA 2 and NBME 19, but expected a much more generous curve. My previous practice test scores are:

6/5 NBME 17: 192 6/18 UWSA 2: 211 6/25 NBME 19: 198 7/4 UWSA 1: 192

This terrifies me since people said NBME 17 and 19 is under predictive and UWSA 2 is the most predictive. Should I be worried???

Members don't see this ad.

When is your exam and what is your goal score? If you're shooting for a 220 and your exam is in a week or two, I'd push it back.

I would look at the big picture from all 4 of those and see what was giving you trouble. Was there particular subjects that are holding you up? Are you missing a majority of the questions from (example) renal physio, neuro patho, etc? How are you reviewing your wrong answers after you take the practice exams?

When is your exam and what is your goal score? If you're shooting for a 220 and your exam is in a week or two, I'd push it back.

I would look at the big picture from all 4 of those and see what was giving you trouble. Was there particular subjects that are holding you up? Are you missing a majority of the questions from (example) renal physio, neuro patho, etc? How are you reviewing your wrong answers after you take the practice exams?

Thanks for your reply! My exam is on the 20th and at this point, I'll be happy with 215+. My rotations start the week after that so I don't really have the option of pushing it back any longer. Since I'm a DO student, I considered postponing to the end of 3rd year since I have an easy elective, vacation, and independent study rotation at the end of the year. However, my upperclassmen have told me that studying for Step 1 during rotations is extremely hard with shelf exams and board prep at the same time. I'm really unsure what to do at this point. Should I post this on the DO forum?

My score reports have been all over the place but I'm consistently doing borderline/low on path and physio so I'll plan on cranking out tons of qbank questions on those two before my last practice test (NBME 18) next week while doing pathoma. Not sure how else to improve on physio. As for my practice tests, I've been looking up all my wrong answers in FA & Pathoma and making Anki cards on them.

Do most people do better on UWSA 1 or is this a fluke? UWSA1 seemed very different from UWSA2 and was more heavy on genetics/biochem/psych/anatomy.

Thanks for your reply! My exam is on the 20th and at this point, I'll be happy with 215+. My rotations start the week after that so I don't really have the option of pushing it back any longer. Since I'm a DO student, I considered postponing to the end of 3rd year since I have an easy elective, vacation, and independent study rotation at the end of the year. However, my upperclassmen have told me that studying for Step 1 during rotations is extremely hard with shelf exams and board prep at the same time. I'm really unsure what to do at this point. Should I post this on the DO forum?

My score reports have been all over the place but I'm consistently doing borderline/low on path and physio so I'll plan on cranking out tons of qbank questions on those two before my last practice test (NBME 18) next week while doing pathoma. Not sure how else to improve on physio. As for my practice tests, I've been looking up all my wrong answers in FA & Pathoma and making Anki cards on them.

Do most people do better on UWSA 1 or is this a fluke? UWSA1 seemed very different from UWSA2 and was more heavy on genetics/biochem/psych/anatomy.

Hope it worked out for you dude..