Score Filters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Isoval

Moving up the totem pole again.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity:

Let's say you make a certain score on USMLE that exceeds the filter score for a given program, but do not exceed that filter score on COMLEX.

Would you still make it past the filter for that program?

Cough. My COMLEX is bad :>.

Members don't see this ad.

@aProgDirector might know.

Edit: apparently he's no longer on SDN for some reason.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you going off of Freida? It can be a little outdated, plus COMLEX percentiles change from year to year, so it's hard to know if you really made the cutoff or not.

Are you going off of Freida? It can be a little outdated, plus COMLEX percentiles change from year to year, so it's hard to know if you really made the cutoff or not.

Just a general question.

My Step score is going to clear far more cutoffs than my COMLEX score and I'm curious if the COMLEX will actively hold me back or be generally ignored.

Just a general question.

My Step score is going to clear far more cutoffs than my COMLEX score and I'm curious if the COMLEX will actively hold me back or be generally ignored.

It’s going to be program dependent honestly. I would wager more programs than not will ignore the COMLEX, but there will probably be a few that use it for some reason.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s going to be program dependent honestly. I would wager more programs than not will ignore the COMLEX, but there will probably be a few that use it for some reason.

I figured it would go something like that.

FRIEDA seems to have multiple programs where the minimum COMLEX is 500, but inexplicably there's a range of 450 to 500.

Reactions: 1 user
It will be program dependent. Technically, when building a filter, you use boolean logic -- AND and OR, to connect your query.

So, if I tell ERAS: show me all applications where the COMLEX < 450 AND USMLE S1 < 210, (Numbers are arbitrary, don't read any meaning into this!) and I plan to reject all those apps without looking further, then you'd have to score below the cutoff on both (or only take one). If I write it with an OR, then a low score on either will include you in the search. No way to know how programs might work.

Reactions: 8 users
I figured it would go something like that.

FRIEDA seems to have multiple programs where the minimum COMLEX is 500, but inexplicably there's a range of 450 to 500.

Honestly Frieda isn't very useful in my experience.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users