1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Score improvements when already scoring relatively well? 3 weeks left till exam

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Classof2013PreM, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Classof2013PreM

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hello SDN,

this is my first post in this forum, although ive been lurking around the mcat section for a couple weeks now.

i started studying for the MCAT about a month ago with a starting pre-studying score of 30 (10,10,10).

i recently took my first two AAMC practice tests (4 and 5) and have scored decently

aamc4 (14 PS, 12 V, 13 B) 39
    aamc 5 (13 PS, 11 V, 12 B) 36

i was just wondering the best way to use my last couple weeks of studying to possibly improve on the questions that i'm missing on each of these practice exams? i'm not sure if i should keep doing full content review since it seems like re-reading everything seems like it might be a waste of time?

thanks for your help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. music2doc

music2doc Student of Mad Doctoring
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The official practice guide. You are right about where I was at that point and I ended up with a 32. Get used to taking the test in stressful environments and under stressful conditions. Drill tests from here on out.

4. artsciencelove

artsciencelove Class of 2016
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    My scores on the practice exams were very similar to yours and I ended up with a 35. I was hoping for a 13-15 VR like on my practice tests, but I ended up with an 11 - I rushed through and finished too quickly.

The conventional wisdom is that your actual score will be the average of all your AAMC practice tests, and that was true for me.

Good luck!

5. NickNaylor

NickNaylor Thank You for Smoking
    Physician Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I continued to read over the material - I don't think it can hurt, though I'd agree there are probably more effective ways to study. Keep taking practice tests and review them thoroughly.