Score improvements when already scoring relatively well? 3 weeks left till exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Classof2013PreM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello SDN,

this is my first post in this forum, although ive been lurking around the mcat section for a couple weeks now.

i started studying for the MCAT about a month ago with a starting pre-studying score of 30 (10,10,10).

i recently took my first two AAMC practice tests (4 and 5) and have scored decently

aamc4 (14 PS, 12 V, 13 B) 39
aamc 5 (13 PS, 11 V, 12 B) 36

i was just wondering the best way to use my last couple weeks of studying to possibly improve on the questions that i'm missing on each of these practice exams? i'm not sure if i should keep doing full content review since it seems like re-reading everything seems like it might be a waste of time?

thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

hello SDN,

this is my first post in this forum, although ive been lurking around the mcat section for a couple weeks now.

i started studying for the MCAT about a month ago with a starting pre-studying score of 30 (10,10,10).

i recently took my first two AAMC practice tests (4 and 5) and have scored decently

aamc4 (14 PS, 12 V, 13 B) 39
aamc 5 (13 PS, 11 V, 12 B) 36

i was just wondering the best way to use my last couple weeks of studying to possibly improve on the questions that i'm missing on each of these practice exams? i'm not sure if i should keep doing full content review since it seems like re-reading everything seems like it might be a waste of time?

thanks for your help!

The official practice guide. You are right about where I was at that point and I ended up with a 32. Get used to taking the test in stressful environments and under stressful conditions. Drill tests from here on out.

My scores on the practice exams were very similar to yours and I ended up with a 35. I was hoping for a 13-15 VR like on my practice tests, but I ended up with an 11 - I rushed through and finished too quickly.

The conventional wisdom is that your actual score will be the average of all your AAMC practice tests, and that was true for me.

Good luck!