Score Predictions: Real thing harder than NBME?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustTryinToPass

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I did the UWorld assesments (1.5 weeks and 1 week before real thing) and I did NBME 13 (5 days out)

I got probably a little over 70% correct on both of the UWORLD assesments, and both scores were over 240

Then I did an NBME and got 80% correct, but it gave me a score of low 220s.

Obviously, the NBME test was easier. The test had questions that you either knew it or you didn't. Compared to UWorld where you have to think through stuff.

After taking the real thing, I felt like it was much harder than the NBME13 that I took. I felt like the real thing felt more like the UWorld questions. Does anyone else agree/have comments?

I'm hoping this is the case, because I think personally that I am better off with having to get 75% of hard questions correct rather than 85% of medium level difficulty questions correct in order to get a certain score. Which is seen in my assessment scores.

Members don't see this ad.

Go look in the 2012 experiences thread. some say it is harder and some say it is easier, but in general they say it is most similar to NBMEs

For the real deal, the score predictions from the NBMEs are fairly accurate. The % correct needed for a certain score on the real deal is completely unknowable and thus unnecessary to speculate on.