Score Release Thread for Verbal Mistake Jan27 Testers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babycapybara

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
2 more days!!! I'm already freaking out. If you had the messed up passage put your score here so we can compare notes. Has anyone heard anything about getting a letter to accompany the score in case it's unusually low? I really don't want to have to take the MCAT again, but I'm really worried about how the passage affected my score. A letter explaining why it's so low would be great...well 2 more days, then I'll decide what to do...:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

i'm a bit nervous as well. Hopefully everything works out. Good luck, all!

I was really hoping that the scores would be released on the 26th as was the original plan. But given that it's the 26th and I don't see my scores, I guess not. Does anyone know if the miss-test people are the only ones waiting the extra two days or does everyone who took in Jan 27th have to wait?

No idea. I'm all crazy nervous. :scared: There's no way I can study for it during my current semester and if I take it in the summer it will be "late", well, later than my anal-retentive self wanted to take it. :D

Unless I'm totally embarrassed, I'll post my score. I had the verbal switcheroo.

Members don't see this ad :)
just so you know, my test was normal, and i don't have my scores either. i guess we all got delayed :( Good luck everyone!!

Hey everybody, I guess I'll start this off. My score:
34P - 11 on verbal (Average kaplan for verbal was 12.5)
I'm happy enough with my score but I did notice a couple things. First the percentile range for an 11 on verbal seemed rather large (82.6 - 94.1), maybe this is the AAMC's fix? Expanding the curve so no one's mad? Also on the score breakdown there's a line that says:
Non-Standard Conditions: N
Oh AAMC... will we ever see the end of your antics.

i'm too nervous to look. I have an chem exam in 2 hours...do i look before or after??

i'm too nervous to look. I have an chem exam in 2 hours...do i look before or after??

just look - it's going to kill you not knowing. Man this brings back crazy memories from last October - I'm pretty sure my neighbors thought I was screaming from pain or something. That kind of sucks that scores aren't posted at night - no binge drinking (for celebratory or coping purposes).

just look - it's going to kill you not knowing. Man this brings back crazy memories from last October - I'm pretty sure my neighbors thought I was screaming from pain or something. That kind of sucks that scores aren't posted at night - no binge drinking (for celebratory or coping purposes).

yeah..thats the other reason I want to wait...but I could have a drink at 730am before my exam:rolleyes:

Look after. And here are my scores. Note that I completely screwed up the section directly after verbal.

BS- 11
VR- 11
BS- 10

Writing sample- K

Considering that my minor is history and I write timed in-class essays on a regular basis, that is way lower than I expected. But at least I have a reason.

Look after. And here are my scores. Note that I completely screwed up the section directly after verbal.

BS- 11
VR- 11
BS- 10

Writing sample- K

Considering that my minor is history and I write timed in-class essays on a regular basis, that is way lower than I expected. But at least I have a reason.

Hey, same numerical score here. :D And yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about the writing sample as you and others have mentioned: if anything, you should be able to explain it in your application / interviews. Great job!

I would just like to add a hearty "YEESSS! I do not have to retake the bloody MCAT! YES!" And I just called and woke up everyone I know.

Uhm... I'm retaking.

How did you still pull out with a high score in verbal? Congrats Fiddle and TX.

Before taking the MCAT, my lowest score in verbal was a 9... and that was when I was hardly trying. I had 10s easily. Physics was my roughest section, topping out at an 8. Are these really my scores?

7 V <~~~ What?! Words cannot begin to describe...
11 P <~~~ Awesome, how did I do that?
9 B <~~~ meh :)

So 27 overall. That was my initial diagnostic score. No improvement? :confused:

Oh, wait, right... The order is all wrong. When I took the exam it was Physical sciences first, which I apparently rocked. Verbal, where I freaked out. And Bio where I was barely able to pull it together again.

July here I come. *sigh*

Yeah, I usually do really well on VR. So an 11 was actually low for me, but it's still a good score.

Members don't see this ad :)
PS - 14
VR - 8
W - Q
BS - 10

I had a bunk test for verbal as well.

TP

i got

ps- 13
vr - 8
bs -10
W - p

non-standard conditions = N

AAMC, u got me there

I'm absolutely thrilled that I won't be retaking again!!!

PS-14
VR-11
BS-12
WS-O
37O!!

I still think that the verbal problem hurt me, but I don't care because of the overall. Thanks to all for the solidarity and support throughout this strange and all too long trip!

ps -10
vr - 9
bs -11
ws - O

so 30-O

Verabl reasoning was my best in practice, and I was scoring 11's and 12's on it. I had the bad passage. Do you guys think retake is necessary? I'm happy with my PS, as that was my weakest. Bio could have beena bit higher.

Re-take probably depends on your GPA. 30 is an acceptable score with a competitive GPA.

11 - PS
7 - VR
9 - BS

My scores obviously were affected by the passage error... I never score that low in BS or VR. Ughhh I have to take it again... and pay for it again

does everyone who took the january test get the N next to non standard conditions, or just the messed up tests?

1st time (with 3 month TPR course): 29R
This time (with 1 month studying on own):
PS - 13
BS - 11
VR - 10
WS - O
34O

Very pleased!

And I did have the messed up verbal, but I don't see an "N" ?? Maybe that's only if you reported it?

For those of you that had the messed up passage... what was wrong with the passages and how did you guys deal with it?

I had the flu (know I should not have showed up) that day on top of the messed up passage and it looks like I will be retaking:

25N+/-2

PS: 8?
V: 7?
W: N?
BS: 10?

Ranges on Practice tests:
PS: 11-13
V: 10-12
W: ?
BS: 12-14

This test sucks!!!!!

PS: 11 VR: 11 BS: 10 writing Q

i know i messed up the writing a little because the verbal mess up was on my mind. but over all I did better than I thought I would. I felt really bad after the exam. and I hadn't taken physics 2 or ochem2.

1st time (with 3 month TPR course): 29R
This time (with 1 month studying on own):
PS - 13
BS - 11
VR - 10
WS - O
34O

Very pleased!

And I did have the messed up verbal, but I don't see an "N" ?? Maybe that's only if you reported it?

Congratulations... I had the same experience in my two MCATs. Paid for the $1000+ Princeton review course, took the 5/04 MCAT got a 28R. This time around, studied on my own for two months... brought it up to a 33R!

Awesome.

Some people who took the January 27th MCAT had a set of questions that didn't match the passage in the verbal section. AAMC corrected the problem by the next administration of the MCAT, but didn't handle the problem very well.

I got an email saying they would send a letter to all the schools are scores are sent to explaining the verbal reasoning problem.

TP