Score report for nbde 07

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anusudha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
have got a score of 84 in the new pattern.

is this score good enough to apply to universities?

or should i retake my exam

which are the universities where this score will be atleast considered?

plz help me out.

anu

Members don't see this ad.

hi,

dont worry, i know everyone is worried by going through some of the posts
i got 87, i got 89, i got 86..............
i think they have great score and so do u,
insteading of wasting time again for part 1 should focus on part 2 that would look good on CV ,
trust me even if u or anyone else including myself though havent got my score yet ,try our best again for part 1 we cant score 99 or 98 , what is the use of putting so much time and energy to score 90/91/92 after 86 or 87 or 88
cause silly mistakes and tough questions will happen everytime,
pass part 2 in 80's so that u have more option of applying to different schools which need part 2

thats my opinion, but its ur wish u can retake part 1 cause u never know u might end up scoring 99.

good luck and do whatever u do with faith in god and no regrets attitude.

hi

i think if i end up scoring in 80's, cause i know i tried my best wouldnt try again but if u think u have scope for improvement then try again assess how u performed in exam and think carefully if u r ready to improve alot and have understood where u were weak in this new pattern and r sure will get atleast over 92/3 then go for it
otherwise i think part2 should be ur aim cause its clinical and u will find studying for it more interesting unlike part 1 prep which is depressing and sooooooooo vague.....

good luck pickpocket

Members don't see this ad :)
hi
am not sure in retaking my exam again
probably will study for part 2
tha nks for helping me out
anu

Hi!
My advice: TAKE PART 2! I took it last month and I am still waiting for the results to arrive.
I got 80 in Part 1, I really don't want to "drain" my brain and waste time again for 5-10+ percentage. USELESS! IN US, TIME IS MONEY!
They don't care about scores by themselves, they care about your CV, GPA, other achievements in dental field, and what can you do in the future (long-term goals, etc...). Got it? Think carefully about my words.
Try to improve your CV with knowledge in dental field, whatever you are doing it is fine, as long as it is related with dentistry. :D
If you have further questions, please feel free and express them in a private message.
Good luck on your exams! :luck:

I think Part I carries a lot of weight for most schools. 86 however is not a bad score, in my class of 24 the average was 90 which means that half the class was in the 80's. In UOP class 2008, i think the average is in the mid 80's. However, I still think the best thing u can do for your application ( and after if you plan on specializing) is to retake part I, provided that you feel u can do better.
Good Luck.

I just have one doubt on retaking the exam...
Can we again write the exam if we get less score to improver our score ? i mean can we take in the same year ? please let me know about this

As far as I know, you have only two attempts each calendar year. Correct me if I'm wrong.