Oct 25, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I'm on the 4month plan, my test will be on 5/22, and I still have 2 weeks to finish content review. Last Sunday I did BR 1 to see where I stand and got 27. I went back and reviewed it. This Sun I did BR 2, got 28, I thought my scores didn't really get better and getting nervous and went on BR 3 the next day (Monday) without going back over BR 2 and got 26!!! Here are my scores: BR 1 : PS 8 VR 12 BS 7 27
BR 2 : PS 9 VR 11 BS 8 28
BR 3 : PS 9 VR 9 BS 8 26
Does anyone got same my situation ? I took 3 tests in a row and am not getting any improvement and even VR went down from 12 -> 11 -> 9, it's so depressing. I have 2 more BR FLs (4,5) to go and want to save 8 AAMCs for the last month, I worry that I can never get improved no matter how much I try ( I think I know the content very well). I'm getting so incredibly discouraged and loosing my confidence. Does anyone have any good advice on how to rise my score and 8 weeks is enough for me to break 30 ? Should I try AAMC 3 before go on BR 4,5 to see the difference ? Thanks

g8orlife

chomp
7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2009
A quagmire
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm on the 4month plan, my test will be on 5/22, and I still have 2 weeks to finish content review. Last Sunday I did BR 1 to see where I stand and got 27. I went back and reviewed it. This Sun I did BR 2, got 28, I thought my scores didn't really get better and getting nervous and went on BR 3 the next day (Monday) without going back over BR 2 and got 26!!! Here are my scores: BR 1 : PS 8 VR 12 BS 7 27
BR 2 : PS 9 VR 11 BS 8 28
BR 3 : PS 9 VR 9 BS 8 26
Does anyone got same my situation ? I took 3 tests in a row and am not getting any improvement and even VR went down from 12 -> 11 -> 9, it's so depressing. I have 2 more BR FLs (4,5) to go and want to save 8 AAMCs for the last month, I worry that I can never get improved no matter how much I try ( I think I know the content very well). I'm getting so incredibly discouraged and loosing my confidence. Does anyone have any good advice on how to rise my score and 8 weeks is enough for me to break 30 ? Should I try AAMC 3 before go on BR 4,5 to see the difference ? Thanks
You have plenty of time to raise your score.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=3351063&postcount=23

Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Status
Medical Student

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Status
Medical Student
Scores always fluctuate between exams. People don't ALWAYS see an increasing trend. To fool yourself into this is silly. Just keep taking exams, keep pounding away at the work, and you'll see your score increasing. I mean, look at your PS and BS - those are going up quite nicely!

As for your verbal, look at the one where you got the 12. Figure out why you got the 12 and decide if it was a fluke or not. (That's a pretty awesome score!) If it wasn't, then figure out what your strategy was - were you more focused? Did you passage map? Did you like and enjoy the passages? Go from there, and determine what helped you to succeed, and then reuse that strategy and your score should improve.

Have no fear - you still have PLENTY of time. My scores plateaued ALL THE WAY THROUGH until the last week before my exam. Then they increased and I was like..."Really? It took you THIS long to finally increase?!"