scores in the mail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paco

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone by chance received scores in the mail yet? I'm kinda hoping to get them Monday or Tuesday so was wondering if maybe I'm just farther from Iowa than everyone else...

Members don't see this ad.

No MCAT scores yet here in TN. Got 'em on the web but that's it. Hey, does anyone know how they report the scores. Is it anything like Kaplan's list where they show you each question number along with the correct answer or is it just scores and percentiles. I'd be super curious to know if one or two more questions right might have made my score go up one point.

To my knowledge, scores and percentiles.

I wish they broke it down like that too, especially for the re-takers.

-tx

Members don't see this ad :)
oh man, benzene in an avatar...what has the premed world come to...

I'm in Alabama, too, and I got my scores. Maybe they're mailing them out in alphabetical order by state.

liverotcod said:
Yeah, but only one of the two Kekule representations. We oughta do better than that!
Thank you for pointing out my mistake. I believe the new image better represents the true structure of benzene.;)

Do they at least display your percentile in each section, like organic, or do they just tell you your overall biological sciences percentile.

Members don't see this ad :)
No scores in NY. I've seen them online at least 10 times, but need to have them in my hand for some reason....

Do you think there is any chance my scores on the internet were incorrect and that somehow my scores in the mail will be improved? I honestly think the AAMC made a mistake on my scores and I am hoping they will be higher on paper. Has anyone experienced this phenomenon in the past?

I was hoping the same, but seriously doubt it. My actual score was 5 points lower than my practice tests, and my strongest section (VR) was my worst. I share your hope that maybe they made a mistake, but I still doubt it. I probably just bombed the test. :(

It's Tuesday in Oklahoma and no scores yet. If the scores weren't posted on the internet and I didn't know how I did, I would be pulling out all of my hair.

no scores in ohio as of 6.22

i can't believe i'm still waiting to get scores i already have. i am crazy.

do they include any fancy-pants stats other than the percentile graphs that have already been posted? i'm not necessarily looking for a question-by-question breakdown, but they should at least throw a dog a bone.

No scores in TX...

but I HAVE received my admissions ticket for the retake in August.

Maybe they decided my score wasn't worth the paper. :)

UNTlabrat said:
No scores in TX...

That's just like them - handle the money making part before the customer service part :laugh: :laugh:

Good luck in August, I'm rooting for you! I'm trying to be good so I can save up some Karma to send your way (but it's tough!).

UNTlabrat said:
No scores in TX...

I received my ticket for Aug. today and thought the exact same thing!

MoosePilot said:
That's just like them - handle the money making part before the customer service part :laugh: :laugh:

Good luck in August, I'm rooting for you! I'm trying to be good so I can save up some Karma to send your way (but it's tough!).
Thanks, Moosey! :thumbup:

In lieu of karma, I'll take Starbucks, or a couple of points to put toward PS...just no tornadoes, please! :D

UNTlabrat said:
Thanks, Moosey! :thumbup:

In lieu of karma, I'll take Starbucks, or a couple of points to put toward PS...just no tornadoes, please! :D

Starbucks might be easier - points come dear and if I had a stack of extra I might have to be selfish :D

I wouldn't wish tornadoes on anyone, now that it's getting deeper into summer, maybe you can breathe easy until next Spring.

To keep this on topic, my wife said I haven't gotten my scores in the mail yet either :(

Thank God for the internet and online scores :thumbup:

superdevil said:
do they include any fancy-pants stats other than the percentile graphs that have already been posted? i'm not necessarily looking for a question-by-question breakdown, but they should at least throw a dog a bone.

No, that's all it is. Although you should be careful not to mistake the example score report for the real one. The score on there isn't all that great (27N) and it is the first thing you see when you open the envelope.

The question remains: Why did Alabamians get their scores so soon???

I'll second that -- why Alabamians (already two days ahead of others?)

And, like was already mentioned, are we nuts to be worried over scores in the mail that we know about through AAMC? I guess so. Or maybe we're just pathetic? I prefer to think that this is a REALLY HUGE IMPORTANT stage of my life and each step (including verification of scores on AAMC letter-head) is really important to me. So, I don't feel like a gunner or a nerd. I'm just eager :D

sonofabitch....still no scores in ohio......(again, i know it doesn't matter, but dammit, this is silly).

6/22: No paper scores here in WI. But I did get my transcript confirmation email today! :thumbup:

I just want my paper scores to make sure they didn't make a mistake in my verbal score and reported it too high, lol

btw, nothing here in nj

Got my scores in NY yesterday and to my delight, they're the same ones I saw online! Phew

I got my scores yesterday in MD. It's actually kind of funny, because I opened the packet and pulled the info out, and I saw 7, 8, 8 = 23N and my heart sank and I seriously felt weak for a moment - until I read SAMPLE written at the bottom of the score. Then, I found my ACTUAL score, which matched my online one - needless to say, I was relieved! :)

ms2209 said:
I got my scores yesterday in MD. It's actually kind of funny, because I opened the packet and pulled the info out, and I saw 7, 8, 8 = 23N and my heart sank and I seriously felt weak for a moment - until I read SAMPLE written at the bottom of the score. Then, I found my ACTUAL score, which matched my online one - needless to say, I was relieved! :)

Why would they put a sample on there!!!! Especially one so low!! :eek:

-tx

txguy said:

-tx

That's what my dad and I were trying to figure out, but it just doesn't make sense. It's definitely heart attack-inducing, so beware :)

Omg I Got My Scores Today And They Are Different From The Ones Online!!! What Do I Do!?!?!?

txguy said:

-tx

I'm sure they don't want to put really high scores so then you feel bad that yours aren't as good as the sample scores. Would you rather have a heart attack because you thought the low scores were yours or be sad because your scores weren't even as high as the sample scores?

maybe the sample score is just the average.

ChemMN said:
Thank you for pointing out my mistake. I believe the new image better represents the true structure of benzene.;)

I always drew it for exams with a little smiley face in the middle. Perhaps that helps explain my organic grade...

One incredible dweeb in my class had little plastic templates for drawing rings. And she wouldn't let me borrow them.