Scores on the Sample Step 3 CD vs scores on the real deal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rs2006

student
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hope all is well- I was just wondering if anyone could post their percent correct on the sample CD questions (the one put out by the USMLE peeps who write the test) for step 3 and their actual scores on the real deal? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I hope all is well- I was just wondering if anyone could post their percent correct on the sample CD questions (the one put out by the USMLE peeps who write the test) for step 3 and their actual scores on the real deal? Thanks.

Because folks take the sample test in so many different ways...timed, untimed, with long breaks inbetween, etc., it's problematic to try to use your performance on the sample to get an estimate of how you might do on the real exam. Also, traditionally the USMLE's sample questions for all the the exams are NOT designed to be very representative of the actual exams, and nearly everyone will tell you that the sample question sets are significantly easier than the real thing!