Scores released this Wednesday. Everyone puke on 3!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UT_mikie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like I'm going to hurl.

Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

i'll forget for a while--for hours sometimes and then i remember that scores are coming and i get that sinking feeling of dread and doom and my HR shoots up. it doesn't help that we're still on break so i have very little to keep me distracted.

good luck to everyone :luck:

are the score released based on when one take the exam? or is it released for all student taken before a certain date? thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
well if you are going to puke use the following :
1- Metoclopromide. if it does not work move to 2
2- Prochlorperazine. if it does not work move to 3
3- Ondansetron. if it does not work call your best friend to hold the bag for you !

come on guys this is not the first time we get tortured, just stay cool and everyhting will be just fine. GL for everyone !

I'm post-call from trauma surgery ... but am still thinking about scores!

Interestingly enough, Ill be at school on Wed, at the same time they see our scores! Man, the tension is building away...:scared:

are everyone's scores getting released on the same day??? i dont get how this works. i took mine second week of june...

are everyone's scores getting released on the same day??? i dont get how this works. i took mine second week of june...

I think this is a unique situation because the NBME had delayed everyone from mid May to the end of June.

At our school we get an email from our dean of student affairs with the ominous subject "Board Score"...:laugh:
Ya know, Wednesday will come and go before you know it. Try not to let it razz you all too much. Easier said than done though, huh?

from the site

The target date for reporting Step 1 scores for most examinees testing from May 18 through late June will be Wednesday, July 18 , 2007

from the site

The target date for reporting Step 1 scores for most examinees testing from May 18 through late June will be Wednesday, July 18 , 2007

Bear in mind that a "target" is something that might be missed. If it was a certainty, they could have omitted that word from the above sentence. So don't get freaked if that day comes and goes. People miss self imposed targets all the time.

Bear in mind that a "target" is something that might be missed. If it was a certainty, they could have omitted that word from the above sentence. So don't get freaked if that day comes and goes. People miss self imposed targets all the time.

True. I've actually thought of that, and I'm glad I'm on my psych rotation, in case I'm in need of counseling due to the score reports either being late or very poor. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
do most of you find out on wed from your school or do you have to wait for the actual letter in the mail? id suspect the later for most people...so shouldnt the real day of anticipation be friday or saturday?

or maybe my school is just behind with the times and doesnt tell us our scores if they get them before we do.

do most of you find out on wed from your school or do you have to wait for the actual letter in the mail? id suspect the later for most people...so shouldnt the real day of anticipation be friday or saturday?

or maybe my school is just behind with the times and doesnt tell us our scores if they get them before we do.
we can get it on wed....just gotta drop by the registrars office in person

Seriously, I'm pretty anxious. I have a feeling I'll be disappointed at my score. I hope I even get it since I took it 6/29 so that might be too late. We'll see I guess.

Have to wait for the mail. I hope it doesn't take beyond Saturday to come.

That's really cool that your school will let you go find out like that.

The 10 or so questions that I made IDIOT mistakes on keep bouncing around in my head ... I REALLY need to get over it. It'll be better once Wednesday is here. Good luck everyone.

I was just wondering if we can view our scores tomorrow online at the nbme website. Yesterday I was able to view my COMLEX score on the nbome website. That would sure beat having to call the school bugging them for my score! So if anyone knows for sure, please spread the word....good luck to all :thumbup:

Its killling me i'm on vacation in another country right now and I'm not sure if my school will email me the score, if not i'll have to wait until the 23rd when I get back. This is terrible, the irony of waiting all summer for scores only to be gone the week they are coming...its so sad that i'm even on this site during vacations:(

That's actually awesome, it means you'll be post-call able to go home as soon as you get your score! Me, on the other hand... I'm on call tomorrow :( Tomorrow could definitely be a terrible day :(

My days are mixed up. I'm on-call Wednesday. Whenever that is. Hopefully it will distract me until the snail-mail arrives on Friday.

Considering that we are all waiting on the inevitable tomorrow, I think that it is too quiet in here.

I guess this is how the lifeguards on the Titanic felt on June 15, 1912 approximately 5 1/2 hours before the iceberg hit.

Just kidding!:)

Vomit!

UTH is mailing them out at 8am (or maybe a little later). I'm debating on whether I should look before clinic or after clinic (i'm out outpatient peds so its 8-5).

UGH!!!!

I'm on call Thursday night unless I am in the ER after banging my head against the wall about 50 times. Maybe if I bribe the lady I can find out sooner than after they mail the scores to Timbuktu and they circle the earth 5 times.

"Just because you think they are out to get you doesn't make you paranoid. They really might be!!!"

Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 2:02 PM
To: NBME UPDATES
Subject: STEP 1 SCORES WILL BE POSTED EARLY TOMORROW

To ease the suspense a bit, scores for examinees who took Step 1 between May 18 and the end of June will be posted to the NBME Medical School Resource Site tomorrow at 9:00 am Eastern Time instead of at noon.

Melanie V. Nelson
Program Officer
Medical School Programs
National Board of Medical Examiners
3750 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Phone: 215-590-9719
Fax: (215) 590-9446
E-mail: [email protected]

Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 2:02 PM
To: NBME UPDATES
Subject: STEP 1 SCORES WILL BE POSTED EARLY TOMORROW

To ease the suspense a bit, scores for examinees who took Step 1 between May 18 and the end of June will be posted to the NBME Medical School Resource Site tomorrow at 9:00 am Eastern Time instead of at noon.

Melanie V. Nelson
Program Officer
Medical School Programs
National Board of Medical Examiners
3750 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Phone: 215-590-9719
Fax: (215) 590-9446
E-mail: [email protected]

I got this from my dean too - WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?!?! WHAT SITE?! How hard is it for them to give me a dayum web address.

too bad im on OBGYN now working 10-12hr days, im going to drop in there all strung out post call 1st thing fri. morning. maybe they'll email it to me if i bother them enough.

Its funny that you say that about not being able to study. I read a few pages , and then my concentration goes bye bye. I think I am going to quit while I am behind and work on my power point presentation for a while. Less thinking involved.

Good luck to everyone. I'll be sure to cook your steak medium rare when you and fellow 3rd years drop by to celebrate. I think they'll give me a job at Outback now!

" Humor and sarcasm are what separates man from the lower animals" :laugh:

From what I understood when our school's USMLE guy e-mailed us, the school administration has access to a SUPERSECRET website but we puny students do not. So they will know our scores when they are released, and if your school is nice, they will e-mail you your results. Otherwise, you have to wait for the snail-mail.

You can't go on any website..your school can...starting at 0900E

I got this from my dean too - WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?!?! WHAT SITE?! How hard is it for them to give me a dayum web address.

Its funny that you say that about not being able to study. I read a few pages , and then my concentration goes bye bye. I think I am going to quit while I am behind and work on my power point presentation for a while. Less thinking involved.

Good luck to everyone. I'll be sure to cook your steak medium rare when you and fellow 3rd years drop by to celebrate. I think they'll give me a job at Outback now!

" Humor and sarcasm are what separates man from the lower animals" :laugh:

I'll have the Victoria Special, medium, please. :p

I don't think my school'll tell me my score, so I just have to wait until the mail comes. =(

As for studying, I've just been here on SDN looking for more news. I probably should get motivated to do something, like start studying for Step 1 again. Cue more nightmares.

You can't go on any website..your school can...starting at 0900E

Bear in mind also that the 9am is meaningless because few schools are going to make emailing 150 students their top priority, particularly when a lot of the administrative staff are taking end of summer vacations before the pre-clinical year classes start up. So if your school is going to send scores out, they will probably just get to it when they get to it.

More likely I would think schools would want to notify the handful of folks who didn't pass ASAP that they need to reschedule it, rotations, etc, so if you get an early email it may more likely be bad news.

I'm on call tomorrow, but you can bet that I'll find time to call (read: harrass) my school for the results!

From the NBME website:
"The NBME Executive Chief Proctor (ECP), appointed by the dean, has access to the secure NBME Medical School Resource Site and has overall responsibility for arranging for test administration services and for assuring that the security of the test items reviewed by faculty and seen by students is maintained."

Mission: Find the ECP! :laugh:

Bear in mind that a "target" is something that might be missed.
Bear in mind also that the 9am is meaningless ...
More likely I would think schools would want to notify the handful of folks who didn't pass ASAP that they need to reschedule it, rotations, etc, so if you get an early email it may more likely be bad news.
Bear in mind that you enjoy being pessimistic, while it isn't necessary.

Anyone who gets emailed tomorrow, don't **** a brick because of Law2Doc's "advisor" advice.

Bear in mind that you enjoy being pessimistic, while it isn't necessary.

Anyone who gets emailed tomorrow, don't **** a brick because of Law2Doc's "advisor" advice.

Seconded!

But at my school, we go pick it up from the office =D