Scoring great on Kaplan exams and not so much on AAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pdocmcats

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scoring very well on the Kaplan exams and about 4 point less overall on my AAMC exams :shrug: . Which one is a better indicator? If any of you have taken the MCAT, which one prepares you better?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having pretty much the same issue. Don't know what to believe.

AAMC is the best indicator...that has been said many many times. even the people that complain that the real MCAT is way harder than the AAMC tests still score within their AAMC range a large majority of the time.

i took as many AAMC tests as i could so that i could get a range of scores, and my final score fell within that range, maybe even a lil higher. I took Kaplan tests, but didn't pay attention to the overal scores b/c too many have said that you shouldn't go by them. I took them as practice problems so i could get better at reading passages, etc. etc.

I'd play close attention to the AAMC scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am scoring very well on the Kaplan exams and about 4 point less overall on my AAMC exams :shrug: . Which one is a better indicator? If any of you have taken the MCAT, which one prepares you better?

Thanks!

My TPR teacher took a Kaplan course back when she was prepping. She said the Kaplan tests were waaaay easier than the actual MCAT-- she was scoring like 36s and it kind of gave her a false sense of security. Plus I've heard others say Kaplan feels easier than AAMC and TPR feels harder.

Did anyone of you try Kaplan FL 11 ? Talk about having your @$$ handed to you in style. It was my first kaplan FL besides the diagnostics and I scored lower on 11 than my diagnostic. So my guess is FL 1-5ish might be easier but the latter ones are definitely not, IMO