scoring on Verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CBFBV

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really confused as well. on the other sections you can more or less divide 15 by however many questions and then multiply by how many you got right for a relatively accurate numerical score but not in verbal.... Does anyone know why

Members don't see this ad.

I am really confused as well. on the other sections you can more or less divide 15 by however many questions and then multiply by how many you got right for a relatively accurate numerical score but not in verbal.... Does anyone know why

That's just the scale they use.

Well, verbal has 12 less questions as you know.

For example, I believe that if you get 45/52 right on PS that will earn you a 12 on an average administration according to past CBT scaling. Using your formula and doing (15/52)*45 gets you 12.98, rounded to 13.

Let's say you get 36/40 on VR as well (good job!). That will earn you a 12 on an average administration according to past CBT scaling. Using your formula and doing (15/40)*36 gets you 13.5.

The two really aren't that far off.