Scoring the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocwaveoc

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey eveyone,
When the MCAT scores are curved, is it with all the test takers of that particular day of your exam only? So, does performances of say May test taker have nothing to do with say the August test taker?
Also, are there different versions of the exam on a given date of test? How about from one test date to another...are the exams different?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'd like to add a question to this as well: are the AAMC practice tests that are available online scored with the curve or without? Because I'm kinda freaking out a little about my score...

I'd like to add a question to this as well: are the AAMC practice tests that are available online scored with the curve or without? Because I'm kinda freaking out a little about my score...
There is a "curve" built in since the practice test was an actual test where a scale was generated.

I think for the real MCAT, your score is curved against everyone who took the test that same day including all versions given.

The practice CBT on Amas are graded with a curve, you can get more info on each curve under the help section: "How is the MCAT Scored? - understanding how the MCAT is scored"