Scoring WAY higher on EK101 than on Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

junkct

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is happening to me haha. I'm scoring like 10-12 in EK101, but a consistent 8-9 in Kaplan. Everyone says EK101 is more representative of the real MCAT VR, but I've also read that a lot of people find Kaplan much easier, that they score the same, if not higher, on Kaplan. I was just wondering: has anyone had this kind of a score discrepancy between EK101 and Kaplan, and still done well (10+) on the real deal? Also, should I even be worried about my Kaplan VR scores, as long as my EK scores are where I want them?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, EK101 is extremely main idea oriented, while kaplan is extemely detail oriented. With EK101 it is OK not to refer to passage, while with Kaplan, ...well Good Luck! So it is definitely why people do good on one and not the other (the other variety also exists, Great on kaplan, supar bad on EK). So ultimately, AAMC tests will help you determine where you stand.

Well, EK101 is extremely main idea oriented, while kaplan is extemely detail oriented. With EK101 it is OK not to refer to passage, while with Kaplan, ...well Good Luck! So it is definitely why people do good on one and not the other (the other variety also exists, Great on kaplan, supar bad on EK). So ultimately, AAMC tests will help you determine where you stand.

true that

Different curves as well, I got a 41/45 on some Kaplan diagnostic and it gave me only a 10... wtf