SCOTUS will increase to 11 or 13 Justices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Harris has no chance to win a presidential election in this country. I defended her a little when she was first picked, but honestly I think she was a bad choice. She didn’t help, and almost surely hurt, Biden in the swing states most of which he won anyway because Trump is so freaking awful. The honest truth is there appeared to be too much pressure from Democrats to pick a black female.

If the DNC plan, or Biden’s plan, is to support the current VP in the next election then Kamala was a bad, bad choice. She has no chance in WI, MI, PA, AZ, or FL. And in my opinion OH is firmly red unless Kasich runs as a Democrat.

Klobuchar would have been a better pick. She would’ve helped Biden in the blue wall, and she would at least have a fighting shot against Nikki Haley in 4 years.

In my opinion due almost exclusively to the actions of Trump we are in for a long, hard 4 years. The economy is on the verge of failure. More and more people are filing for unemployment. A Republican Senate will play politics and work against Biden to make things worse. It could get really ugly.
Yeah, it's going to be quite bad. And Harris doesn’t have what it takes to win, but you know how the DNC works. They're a bunch of out of touch mostly white old people who look at her and just see "black woman" and thus "perfect candidate to energize women and black voters." The don't even consider that voters might look beyond her gender and race and evaluate her terrible past with regard to both minorities and families. The DNC is its own worst enemy

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Harris has no chance to win a presidential election in this country. I defended her a little when she was first picked, but honestly I think she was a bad choice. She didn’t help, and almost surely hurt, Biden in the swing states most of which he won anyway because Trump is so freaking awful. The honest truth is there appeared to be too much pressure from Democrats to pick a black female.

If the DNC plan, or Biden’s plan, is to support the current VP in the next election then Kamala was a bad, bad choice. She has no chance in WI, MI, PA, AZ, or FL. And in my opinion OH is firmly red unless Kasich runs as a Democrat.

Klobuchar would have been a better pick. She would’ve helped Biden in the blue wall, and she would at least have a fighting shot against Nikki Haley in 4 years.

In my opinion due almost exclusively to the actions of Trump we are in for a long, hard 4 years. The economy is on the verge of failure. More and more people are filing for unemployment. A Republican Senate will play politics and work against Biden to make things worse. It could get really ugly.
Klobuchar seems decent, practical type. Kind of annoying though.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well... affirmative action is codified legal discrimination against whites (and Asians) in both schools and workplaces that’s gone on for 20+ years.... so I would say that’s the main example.

No matter how you argue, discrimination like that is on an individual level... even if you argue it’s for the greater societal good (which I don’t believe) or to correct/balance wrongs against groups.
Every analysis I've ever looked at basically showed that it discriminates against Asians in academia. Whites actuality benefit from it, even men, because Asians are held to so much higher of a standard due to higher average scores. It's likely Asians would comprise around 50-60% of medical school seats if admissions were race blind.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Rep Anthony Sabatini from Florida has tweeted "Kyle Rittenhouse for Congress."
Yes he's referring to the 17 yo who has been accused of murdering 2 protestors and injuring another with a gun after he crossed state lines.
And yet the "radical left" is seen as crazy. Hmmm.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Every analysis I've ever looked at basically showed that it discriminates against Asians in academia. Whites actuality benefit from it, even men, because Asians are held to so much higher of a standard due to higher average scores. It's likely Asians would comprise around 50-60% of medical school seats if admissions were race blind.

In reality, there are so few URM in medical school before or after AA that it’s effect on White or Asian enrollment is a statistical rounding error. The data post Prop 209 in California reflects this.

• Love
Yeah, it's going to be quite bad. And Harris doesn’t have what it takes to win, but you know how the DNC works. They're a bunch of out of touch mostly white old people who look at her and just see "black woman" and thus "perfect candidate to energize women and black voters." The don't even consider that voters might look beyond her gender and race and evaluate her terrible past with regard to both minorities and families. The DNC is its own worst enemy
Kamala has a lot going for her so much so that she has a lot going against her with regards to the next cycle. She's basically getting on the job training and we'll see how people respond. I have no problem agreeing that things were forced down Biden's throat. Black women are an important part of the democratic electorate and it was calculating that he would pick a black female VP. That's not to say he wouldn't have won if he picked Klobuchar. I think he would've and probably pretty soundly but the electorate that would've moved the needle in that instance would've been the white suburban women, especially across the upper Midwestern states.

Kamala's problem has always been that she isn't very strong on presenting her stance on issues. Anyone who followed her through the primaries knows she can be very flippant which can be a turn off. Moveover, in the eyes of the southern and midwestern voters she can be seen as another liberal Californian which those words alone will turn people the other way. If she's going to be successful, she's going to need to shore up her political stances and turn herself into an Obama-esque politician. She can do it but there's some labels that she's going to have to work to shed over the next four years. I almost guarantee you the candidate Biden wanted was Stacey Abrams because she's loved by the black electorate and not seen a radical by white voters. I have my theories on why she wasn't chosen.

Kamala has a lot going for her so much so that she has a lot going against her with regards to the next cycle. She's basically getting on the job training and we'll see how people respond. I have no problem agreeing that things were forced down Biden's throat. Black women are an important part of the democratic electorate and it was calculating that he would pick a black female VP. That's not to say he wouldn't have won if he picked Klobuchar. I think he would've and probably pretty soundly but the electorate that would've moved the needle in that instance would've been the white suburban women, especially across the upper Midwestern states.

Kamala's problem has always been that she isn't very strong on presenting her stance on issues. Anyone who followed her through the primaries knows she can be very flippant which can be a turn off. Moveover, in the eyes of the southern and midwestern voters she can be seen as another liberal Californian which those words alone will turn people the other way. If she's going to be successful, she's going to need to shore up her political stances and turn herself into an Obama-esque politician. She can do it but there's some labels that she's going to have to work to shed over the next four years. I almost guarantee you the candidate Biden wanted was Stacey Abrams because she's loved by the black electorate and not seen a radical by white voters. I have my theories on why she wasn't chosen.
Any democrat would be painted as a leftist regardless who the democrat is. Even Joe Manchin can be painted as a liberal leftist... If Biden was painted as a communist in south FL by a guy who sent love letter to Kim Jong-un, any democrat can be painted as marxist..

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
In reality, there are so few URM in medical school before or after AA that it’s effect on White or Asian enrollment is a statistical rounding error. The data post Prop 209 in California reflects this.
What people who just can't stop mentioning AA don't realize is that it is here to stay in some form it's just that term itself will be illegal, which is fine with me. There will always be someone with a lower test score that gets into U Texas over the 4.0 / perfect SAT student because admissions panels will find another way to keep their student populations they way they want to see them. Even if "affirmative action" is found unconstitutional, it's be hard to to a school to court because someone didn't get in and though they should.

I just wish Biden would have said “I’m going to pick the best person for the job” even if he picked Harris or Abrams in the end.

By promising beforehand to pick a black woman — just seems to make that person the “token” dems want to hold up to bargain for votes in certain demographics. Bad move - sort of like AA actually does the opposite of what they meant.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
What people who just can't stop mentioning AA don't realize is that it is here to stay in some form it's just that term itself will be illegal, which is fine with me. There will always be someone with a lower test score that gets into U Texas over the 4.0 / perfect SAT student because admissions panels will find another way to keep their student populations they way they want to see them. Even if "affirmative action" is found unconstitutional, it's be hard to to a school to court because someone didn't get in and though they should.

You could be right. On the other hand, you are assuming that admission committees and employers actually all believe that giving a “boost” to certain skin colors is ethical or Laudable goal. Right now if they strike down AA and say it’s illegal to consider skin color in admission and jobs, some of the people making the decisions will likely stop towing the party line when they have law to back them up. They may even report schools/companies that secretly have systems to support quotas (I’m guessing there are internal memos all over America that could cost institutions monetarily if AA was explicitly illegal).

What the law says actually does make a difference when there are a number of people with differing opinions making decisions.

Any democrat would be painted as a leftist regardless who the democrat is. Even Joe Manchin can be painted as a liberal leftist... If Biden was painted as a communist in south FL by a guy who sent love letter to Kim Jong-un, any democrat can be painted as marxist..
No one is saying the electorate, both Democrat and Republican, is very smart. I believe that was discussed a few pages ago. The real truth is that there are far more centrist Democrats than there are centrist Republicans. Plus anyone who has a shred of political knowledge knows the Manchin isn't anywhere near a liberal Democrat, especially if you pay attention to his voting record, but most voters don't pay attention.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry. The back and forth that Vector had was with @DocMcCoy. I was thinking of him. Didn’t see who actually typed it and thought it was him.
And I already addressed the situation with @pgg already.

IF there is no peaceful transition of power, we end up in a civil war, the sky really does start to fall, I will absolutely regret my vote. Maybe I’m and ignorant optimist but we will drive on.

I don’t understand and frankly find it incredibly ironic that someone would make it their personal vendetta in this thread (not you) to stamp out literally any positive talk of GOP or Trump through some twisted association fallacy -that is a divisive fools errand.

If you are demanding every Trump voter repent in order to move forward, we are doomed.

I just wish Biden would have said “I’m going to pick the best person for the job” even if he picked Harris or Abrams in the end.

By promising beforehand to pick a black woman — just seems to make that person the “token” dems want to hold up to bargain for votes in certain demographics. Bad move - sort of like AA actually does the opposite of what they meant.
While it certainly has aspects of a "token pick" it was also 100% political strategy, much in the same way McCain chose Palin. He got a big bump after he chose her as a running mate, the problem was afterwards she stared giving interviews.
You could be right. On the other hand, you are assuming that admission committees and employers actually all believe that giving a “boost” to certain skin colors is ethical or Laudable goal. Right now if they strike down AA and say it’s illegal to consider skin color in admission and jobs, some of the people making the decisions will likely stop towing the party line when they have law to back them up. They may even report schools/companies that secretly have systems to support quotas (I’m guessing there are internal memos all over America that could cost institutions monetarily if AA was explicitly illegal).

What the law says actually does make a difference when there are a number of people with differing opinions making decisions.
I think you're missing the point a bit. Most colleges and universities actually LIKE diverse student populations. (I'm pulling that from thin air a bit but I'm sure if I looked up some polls or essays from Dean's and Professors I could find it) The will find ways to get the student populations they want without even mentioning race and the same will go for employers. So what I keep saying is, while anti-AA will be able to have their win when the term is illegal, but they shouldn't expect to see any dramatic changes. Ivy league schools will still accept students without perfect ACTs and 4.0s and reject students with the same stats. Certain universities and companies just simply want their campuses to look a certain way and have a certain feel because some actually believe diversity is a good thing.

We can do the song and dance all day, What I'm saying is that SCOTUS will make "the term" illegal, but the admissions panel at Harvard and Columbia will still admit whoever they want based on whatever they want and yeah, it'll likely be an unspoken "wink wink" type thing.

Also, I notice above you disregarded the "white women benefit" of AA
How California's 'woman quota' is already changing corporate boards | CalMatters

Of course this has already drawn lawsuits, but please please remember that AA isn't just about dark skinned faces.

IF there is no peaceful transition of power, we end up in a civil war, the sky really does start to fall, I will absolutely regret my vote. Maybe I’m and ignorant optimist but we will drive on.

I don’t understand and frankly find it incredibly ironic that someone would make it their personal vendetta in this thread (not you) to stamp out literally any positive talk of GOP or Trump through some twisted association fallacy -that is a divisive fools errand.

If you are demanding every Trump voter repent in order to move forward, we are doomed.

You didn't outright say this, but divisive in my mind is alluding to civil war to regret voting for Trump. I'm sorry but politics and sidedness has its limit. I would absolutely vote for a Republican over any type of Democrat who acts and especially governs like Trump. And I'm saying that before he started really trampling on our democracy with his post-election antics.

Both you and @pgg have stated we will transition and move on peacefully. It's true. We will. I have no doubt. But two things can be true at the same time. Our democracy can be irreperably damaged and we can move on peacefully. If enough of America doesn't trust our election process, or accepts and supports someone openly attempting to subvert it, then in my opinion our democracy is irreperably damaged. And we can move on but we will also have lost a peace of ourselves.

No one is saying the electorate, both Democrat and Republican, is very smart. I believe that was discussed a few pages ago. The real truth is that there are far more centrist Democrats than there are centrist Republicans. Plus anyone who has a shred of political knowledge knows the Manchin isn't anywhere near a liberal Democrat, especially if you pay attention to his voting record, but most voters don't pay attention.
The republicans have won the PR war on that one...

What I can't understand about the electorate is that they agree mostly with the dems on the "big issues" and yet a lot of them keep voting for republicans.

I am in a republican-leaning state and if you put medicaid expansion, minimum wage increase, universal background check for firearms purchase, increase taxes on the top 2% of wage earners as referendum in any election, they all will pass with a decisive majority and yet these same people keep voting republicans who are against these things.

Rep Anthony Sabatini from Florida has tweeted "Kyle Rittenhouse for Congress."
Yes he's referring to the 17 yo who has been accused of murdering 2 protestors and injuring another with a gun after he crossed state lines.
And yet the "radical left" is seen as crazy. Hmmm.

That's just pure lunacy for an elected official to put out a statment like that. The kid is on video killing two people and injurying others. Didn't he have that gun illegally?

What I can't understand about the electorate is that they agree mostly with the dems on the "big issues" and yet a lot of them keep voting for republicans.

I am in a republican-leaning state and if you put medicaid expansion, minimum wage increase, universal background check for firearms purchase, increase taxes on the top 2% of wage earners as referendum in any election, they all will pass with a decisive majority and yet these same people keep voting republicans who are against these things.
Read up on the "Southern Strategy"

You didn't outright say this, but divisive in my mind is alluding to civil war to regret voting for Trump. I'm sorry but politics and sidedness has its limit. I would absolutely vote for a Republican over any type of Democrat who acts and especially governs like Trump. And I'm saying that before he started really trampling on our democracy with his post-election antics.

Both you and @pgg have stated we will transition and move on peacefully. It's true. We will. I have no doubt. But two things can be true at the same time. Our democracy can be irreperably damaged and we can move on peacefully. If enough of America doesn't trust our election process, or accepts and supports someone openly attempting to subvert it, then in my opinion our democracy is irreperably damaged. And we can move on but we will also have lost a peace of ourselves.
To expand on this. 50-75% of Republicans believe the election was stolen from Trump depending on the poll, this despite virtually all of the lawsuits being laughed out of court for insufficient evidence. It likely wont matter this time, but just like everything else with this man's administration, what about next time when there is somebody who is more clever than Trump or the election is down to one state with the same party controlling both the legislature and the governor's office as the would be usurper?

To expand on this. 50-75% of Republicans believe the election was stolen from Trump depending on the poll, this despite virtually all of the lawsuits being laughed out of court for insufficient evidence. It likely wont matter this time, but just like everything else with this man's administration, what about next time when there is somebody who is more clever than Trump or the election is down to one state with the same party controlling both the legislature and the governor's office as the would be usurper?
This is exactly what Thomas Frank said. Trump isn’t scary but the smarter version of Trump will be much scarier

You both have solid points. This may be misguided, but perhaps trumps unsuccessful attempt to undermine the election will help set some legal precedent to make it attempts much more futile if it ever happens again.

If we were to devolve into some type of civil war I would also say, the side that is making every trump voter repent and acknowledge their ignorance/bigotry/what have you would have played as hand in that as well.

Because the big issues for the electorate aren't things like abortion, gay marriage, or transgender rights. These things matter, but they want tangible answers to hiw democrats will help their everyday lives. Republicans say "vote for us and we'll do a bunch of bad things that don't affect you but we'll also lower your taxes and bring back jobs." Dems campaign in far too abstract a manner and gear themselves toward issues that are important but don't personally affect the lives of most centrist voters

That's just pure lunacy for an elected official to put out a statment like that. The kid is on video killing two people and injurying others. Didn't he have that gun illegally?

Yes he’s 17. A person older than 18 bought it for him and gave it to him.
His bail was set at 2 million and he’s raised enough money/has sponsors to be released, so now he’s chillin at home with a fan base.
While Kalief Browder was in jail without trial for 3 years for allegedly stealing a backpack and now he’s dead because he died by suicide due to all the trauma. And those type of cases aren’t unusual for people to be stuck in jail for minor charges.
His mom was cheered and applauded at some GOP event.
It’s truly disgusting and people wonder why we say white privilege exists.
We all know if it were a brown Muslim person they’d still be in jail and if I democrat tweeted they should run for Congress all hell would break loose.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
He'll be acquitted of the murder charges. His self-defense argument will stand.

The person who provided the rifle is being prosecuted and will be convicted if he doesn't plead out. He'll end up with a stiffer sentence. I'm honestly not sure how serious the possession charge against KR is in comparison to the straw purchase and what penalty he's facing for that, but I suspect it's relatively minor in comparison.

Stupid, stupid, stupid kid to take a rifle he can't legally possess to another state and put himself in that situation.

But he has a compelling self defense argument. When the trial happens and the jury sees how the people he shot were chasing and threatening him, they'll acquit him.

An absolute embarrassment.

1606084516773.png

1606084536614.png

He'll be acquitted of the murder charges. His self-defense argument will stand.
But why would you be celebrating someone like this and say he should be in congress?!?!?!
If you look at history social media history it slants heavily towards being racist.
He shouldn't have had a gun in the first place, shouldn't have crossed state lines and shouldn't have been in the area.
Why is this someone that people are cheering and celebrating, specifically the gop?
This is another example of why we're saying that we do indeed live in "maga country" and it's not just 50 kkk members that hold problematic views and actions and voted for trump. The gop is putting this guy on a platform. Disgusting.

Because the big issues for the electorate aren't things like abortion, gay marriage, or transgender rights. These things matter, but they want tangible answers to hiw democrats will help their everyday lives. Republicans say "vote for us and we'll do a bunch of bad things that don't affect you but we'll also lower your taxes and bring back jobs." Dems campaign in far too abstract a manner and gear themselves toward issues that are important but don't personally affect the lives of most centrist voters

From my recollection the main things I remember any dem including Biden or Bernie talking about this season were: COVID, healthcare, climate change, education, police reform, and taxes. Biden’s awful alliterative slogan was Build Back Better, not Everyone Gets To Use The Same Bathroom.

The right wing media has done an excellent job though of shifting perception to make it seem like the message is always identity politics.

But he has a compelling self defense argument. When the trial happens and the jury sees how the people he shot were chasing and threatening him, they'll acquit him.

There's reason to believe he both instigated the argument and acted beyond reasonable force in self-defense. Just because someone happens to have an AR-15 on them doesn't mean they are justified in using it.

The larger problem I have, which is why I posted, is some ******* politician elevating him to the point of saying he should run for office. Added to the fact that his Mom was cheered at a Trump MAGA rally. I thought Republicans were all about personal responsibility (I'm not aiming this at you @pgg....)?? Is his mom not guilty of poor ass parenting? Why cheer her on as if she's some freaking hero for raising a kid who makes absolutely, unequivocally, astoundingly poor, poor, poor choices.

Look, I get it. I've stated it here ad nauseam. No one here approves of rioting and violence. There's no defense for it. Rioters and those who commit violence should be prosecuted for their crimes. But if you're going to bring an AR-15 illegally to defend some stores in a city you don't even live in, and end up killing some people in the process, there is a price to pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
An absolute embarrassment.
View attachment 323651

Lol, she only lasted like half a Scaramucci.

Another great example of trumpism and the way it poisons and ruins people. Powell absolutely defaced herself likely on trump's instructions, then gets unceremoniously fired by trump, and of course trump faces no consequences at all in the matter.

From my recollection the main things I remember any dem including Biden or Bernie talking about this season were: COVID, healthcare, climate change, education, police reform, and taxes. Biden’s awful alliterative slogan was Build Back Better, not Everyone Gets To Use The Same Bathroom.

The right wing media has done an excellent job though of shifting perception to make it seem like the message is always identity politics.

The problem is that every American who makes 60k aspires to make 200k. Every American who makes 150k aspires to make 450k. So generally raising taxes at all doesn’t inspire people to vote for you. Maybe if Dems said “we are going to raise money by closing all those absurd loopholes used by the million/billionaires, but won’t raise rates at ALL that might resonate. Or “government is inefficient. We are going to cut XYZ special interest programs to lower your taxes- that would also resonate.”

The whole healthcare thing- dems lost a lot of credibility when Obamacare came out and middle to upper class people lost their plans and ended up with higher deductibles. While the pre-existing exemption is popular, and Medicaid expansion is popular, the problem of 50% being “worse off” 50% better reeks of redistribution and makes people very suspicious of any future democratic promises.

The problem is that every American who makes 60k aspires to make 200k. Every American who makes 150k aspires to make 450k. So generally raising taxes at all doesn’t inspire people to vote for you. Maybe if Dems said “we are going to raise money by closing all those absurd loopholes used by the million/billionaires, but won’t raise rates at ALL that might resonate. Or “government is inefficient. We are going to cut XYZ special interest programs to lower your taxes- that would also resonate.”

The whole healthcare thing- dems lost a lot of credibility when Obamacare came out and middle to upper class people lost their plans and ended up with higher deductibles. While the pre-existing exemption is popular, and Medicaid expansion is popular, the problem of 50% being “worse off” 50% better reeks of redistribution and makes people very suspicious of any future democratic promises.
I hate paying more taxes as much as anyone. I wish corporate welfare would end as well as the uber wealthy tax loopholes.

What I don’t get is the people who voted for Trump (I work with many of them) who voted for him because of taxes. Totally brainwashed.

Reactions: 11 users

I think the Trump team playbook is to get these lawsuits in front of the SCOTUS.

I still think there is possibility for a civil war if the SCOTUS overturn the election.

I knew it...

Last edited:

I think the Trump team playbook is to get these lawsuits in front of the SCOTUS.

I still think there is possibility for a civil war if the SCOTUS overturn the election.

I knew it...

Zero chance SCOTUS overturns the election. I vote they won’t even hear the case (and let the lower court decision against Trump stand).

As much as people like to say Conservatives have stacked the court, as far as I know most of them are not so off the deep end to overturn an election with zero evidence. In fact I hope it gets to SCOTUS ASAP which will close the matter.

There's reason to believe he both instigated the argument and acted beyond reasonable force in self-defense. Just because someone happens to have an AR-15 on them doesn't mean they are justified in using it.

The larger problem I have, which is why I posted, is some ******* politician elevating him to the point of saying he should run for office. Added to the fact that his Mom was cheered at a Trump MAGA rally. I thought Republicans were all about personal responsibility (I'm not aiming this at you @pgg....)?? Is his mom not guilty of poor ass parenting? Why cheer her on as if she's some freaking hero for raising a kid who makes absolutely, unequivocally, astoundingly poor, poor, poor choices.

Look, I get it. I've stated it here ad nauseam. No one here approves of rioting and violence. There's no defense for it. Rioters and those who commit violence should be prosecuted for their crimes. But if you're going to bring an AR-15 illegally to defend some stores in a city you don't even live in, and end up killing some people in the process, there is a price to pay.
I totally agree with everything you've written here. He's a dumb kid who committed a crime and some people were killed. I'm not enough of an internet lawyer to opine on whether or not "if you're committing a felony and someone dies you're guilty of murder" would apply here. But in general even a person committing a crime doesn't give up their right to self defense if someone else escalates a confrontation or threatens them with injury or death.

I haven't watched and scrutinized every video and every transcript of what happened, and I don't really want to watch snuff films in general, but from the snippets I saw he was retreating, attempting to disengage, and he was chased and threatened. Plenty of stupid to go around.

I'm just saying - he's probably going to be acquitted of murder, and it'll probably be the correct legal outcome.

I also agree that the hero-worship he's receiving is sad and disgusting. At best he's stupid and guilty of a handful of firearm related crimes.

Zero chance SCOTUS overturns the election. I vote they won’t even hear the case (and let the lower court decision against Trump stand).

As much as people like to say Conservatives have stacked the court, as far as I know most of them are not so off the deep end to overturn an election with zero evidence. In fact I hope it gets to SCOTUS ASAP which will close the matter.
I hope you are right. I stand by my original assertion that Trump only cares about himself and he will do everything within his power to burn the joint down on his way out.

We can disagree on the nuances of those issues. I brought them up because of the claims that the dem platform is all identity politics.... when clearly COVID, healthcare, taxes etc were at the forefront of the discussion this year.

I knew it...

I doubt the SCOTUS even takes the case, I'd be shocked if they did, tbh. There is no real legal strategy. Maybe Trump is expecting loyalty from the conservative justices on the SCOTUS, if that is the case he is in for a very rude awakening.

I hope you are right. I stand by my original assertion that Trump only cares about himself and he will do everything within his power to burn the joint down on his way out.
Nobody is disputing that. It's just that his power at this point doesn't extend far beyond filing silly lawsuits that get dismissed with prejudice. It takes a lot for the SCOTUS to take on a case. And despite the partisan nonsense over the last 4 years these are all judges from a prestigious background that care about their judicial legacy. And that is true for most judges. Hell, the judge that tossed the PA lawsuit today was a pretty big conservative, as was the judge that tossed the lawsuit over the curbside ballots in Texas. The only way I see the SCOTUS taking up the case is to use it as an opportunity to deliver an unambiguous and scathing smackdown.

I doubt the SCOTUS even takes the case, I'd be shocked if they did, tbh. There is no real legal strategy. Maybe Trump is expecting loyalty from the conservative justices on the SCOTUS, if that is the case he is in for a very rude awakening.
I am not so sure... I think Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito and Neil Gorsuch will vote anything that is a 'republican cause'... The wild cards will be Breth Cavanaugh and Amy Coney Barett.

John Roberts probably will vote with the dems on that one.

I am not so sure... I think Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito and Neil Gorsuch will vote anything that is a 'republican cause'... The wild cards will be Breth Cavanaugh and Amy Coney Barett.

John Roberts probably will vote with the dems on that one.

You are correct. Everyone shouldn't forget that the decision of whether to hear the case regarding the timing of PA mail-in ballots went 4-4. It was clearly a state matter which the supreme court of PA was quite capable of deciding and yet the conservatives on the court were signaling they were open to overturning it.

However, I think even the conservatives on SCOTUS wouldn't overturn such an obvious result in a million years, but I wouldn't rule out that they hear a case just so they can give their opinion on specific X or Y issue related to electioneering or certification etc

I knew it...
There is no chance SCOTUS takes the case. And it should be understood that SCOTUS is powerless here anyways. If this election becomes contested (which it won't), Congress is in control, not SCOTUS. The following is completely regardless of SCOTUS:

1. None of lawsuits can possibly invalidate enough ballots to overturn the results.
2. No new slate of electors chosen by a state legislature will be approved by the Dem controlled House.

If you want a much more detailed explanation, this attorney explains the laws regarding the 2020 election. There are literally only 2 ways this ends, Biden is President or it will be Acting President Pelosi (highly unlikely).

If there was ever one thing that united conservative and liberal physicians, it was our mutual white hot burning hate for lawyers and frivolous lawsuits.

But I guess now in trumpian times frivolous lawsuits have magically become ok because your team "technically" has the right to drag out this absolutely-sure-to-fail nonsense until December 14th.

I totally agree with everything you've written here. He's a dumb kid who committed a crime and some people were killed. I'm not enough of an internet lawyer to opine on whether or not "if you're committing a felony and someone dies you're guilty of murder" would apply here. But in general even a person committing a crime doesn't give up their right to self defense if someone else escalates a confrontation or threatens them with injury or death.

I haven't watched and scrutinized every video and every transcript of what happened, and I don't really want to watch snuff films in general, but from the snippets I saw he was retreating, attempting to disengage, and he was chased and threatened. Plenty of stupid to go around.

I'm just saying - he's probably going to be acquitted of murder, and it'll probably be the correct legal outcome.

I also agree that the hero-worship he's receiving is sad and disgusting. At best he's stupid and guilty of a handful of firearm related crimes.

At best he’s someone who went out looking for trouble and ended up killing two human beings. He killed people. Maybe it’s not your intention but you word it as if it was just a consequence of being an idiot. There are plenty of idiots who don’t kill people.

And there’s the huge distinction that needs to be made in legal /= right. Isn’t that the principle Trump supporters are living and breathing 24/7 since the election?

Last edited: