SCOTUS will increase to 11 or 13 Justices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Both GA Senate seats will absolutely go to the Republicans. David Perdue has done a good job for GA. John Ossoff is a nobody - a recycled perennial candidate who has never won an election and is far left. Kelly Loeffler would have easily been elected already if Doug Collins had stayed out of the race. As it was, the Republican votes were split. That won't happen next time - Loeffler will win with 60% or more. Raphael Warnock would easily be the most liberal Senator. Not gonna happen.

Why do you think the Perdue-Ossoff race was so close in November that there is a January runoff? And what will change in the runoff?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why do you think the Perdue-Ossoff race was so close in November that there is a January runoff? And what will change in the runoff?

I agree. It will be close, with the republicans favored. Looking at betting odds, they have Perdue as a 3 to 1 favorite and loeffler as a 2.5 to 1. So favored, but not ridiculous
The smart bet, IMO, is betting the Ds take the senate, as that’s at 5.5-1 against, which is stupid, because if Perdue loses, it’s almost certain loeffler will lose as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Trump is going nuts and demanding twitter be shut down bc people are tweeting that he wears diapers.

1606460266982.png

1606460283123.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Both GA Senate seats will absolutely go to the Republicans. David Perdue has done a good job for GA. John Ossoff is a nobody - a recycled perennial candidate who has never won an election and is far left. Kelly Loeffler would have easily been elected already if Doug Collins had stayed out of the race. As it was, the Republican votes were split. That won't happen next time - Loeffler will win with 60% or more. Raphael Warnock would easily be the most liberal Senator. Not gonna happen.
It really is a sad state of affairs when the Republican candidates in Georgia are both so obviously and blatantly corrupt.

Reactions: 8 users

Didn’t realize Ossoff is just 33 years old, young enough to be married to an OB/gyn resident at Emory. He’s got a decent amount of government experience for somebody that age.

Reactions: 1 user
There is a hefty amount of irony in the cultist Trump movement. In its basic existence, it’s the result of people of not being able to keep up with modern technology and compete in the changing social and economic culture. And it is that very incompetence that has made social media the most dangerous source of idiotic ideas.

Before the internet, your stupid ideas were generally subverted by the intelligence of those propped up in magazines, TV, entertainment, and newspapers. There was an acceptance that there was a pecking order, and if you were a deranged idiot, you felt it. But, as the internet came about, it was easier to find other idiots just like you.

Now instead of revered figures, we have regular ass idiots getting and mass spreading of idiots. Twerking abound, duck callers, viral videos rewarding the most basic and simpleton-like acts of human expression. Now you don’t have to do things like read, think, engage in bettering yourself.

And here we are...

• Haha
The dems have the chance to run away with both seats in GA...

Last edited:
  • Care
Ugh, upsetting.
People can’t afford food, to buy insulin, rent, etc and work for companies that have billionaires in charge.

I know everyone is excited about the stock market but that doesn’t seem like a good measure of the actual economy and I wonder how long it’ll take for us to recover.

Reactions: 5 users
Ugh, upsetting.
People can’t afford food, to buy insulin, rent, etc and work for companies that have billionaires in charge.

I know everyone is excited about the stock market but that doesn’t seem like a good measure of the actual economy and I wonder how long it’ll take for us to recover.

The pandemic has been good for the investor class... Cheap money that inflates to stock market... profit. That is the story of the american economy in the last 2 decades.

The dems have the chance to run away with both seats in GA...

No they don’t. It won’t be a runaway (well, it could be) but Republicans will get out there and vote proving Trumps Twitter BS is just that, BS. There is great irony though in that trumps nonsensical crap may actually lead to fewer GOP votes because he has his disciples convinced the system is crooked.

Ugh, upsetting.

Some of the food banks are saying their demand is *double* what it was during the great recession.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Maybe they could sell those nice looking cars, save on gas and have plenty of money to buy food...?

Most people need a car to get around in most areas of the US. A car that’s reliable and doesn’t need regular repairs is essentially a necessity for most people. So how would selling a car be a solution to being able to get to work for example?

As someone whose household has had financial difficulties this year because of Covid it’s pretty appalling how other people look down on someone who is going through a difficult time. Covid has caused a lot of financial uncertainty for many people in a variety of ways.

Reactions: 4 users
Most people need a car to get around in most areas of the US. A car that’s reliable and doesn’t need regular repairs is essentially a necessity for most people. So how would selling a car be a solution to being able to get to work for example?

As someone whose household has had financial difficulties this year because of Covid it’s pretty appalling how other people look down on someone who is going through a difficult time. Covid has caused a lot of financial uncertainty for many people in a variety of ways.
Oh ya? Why don’t they just go to the bank and get a 50k loan to hold em over for the year? Or maybe you know, sell their stocks. Ok maybe they’re just starting out, why not ask their dad for a small loan? Freeloaders...and I bet they all have a cell phone too! SMH.

Oh ya? Why don’t they just go to the bank and get a 50k loan to hold em over for the year? Or maybe you know, sell their stocks. Ok maybe they’re just starting out, why not ask their dad for a small loan? Freeloaders...and I bet they all have a cell phone too! SMH.

Interesting thing is that Trump designed his entire schtick around the population you’re alluding to. People with little to nothing other than what they’re holding or what they can see with their own two eyes. Those who feel left behind by others with more success. And those with a natural distrust of the government. And in particular the people living in OH, PA, WI, and MI. The only states that matter come election time. It’s also why he feels so betrayed by this election because the same states that won it for him in ‘16 lost it for him in ‘20. And he can’t believe it.

Maybe they could sell those nice looking cars, save on gas and have plenty of money to buy food...?

Your statement is almost as dumb as that fox news segment expressing disbelief that poor people have refrigerators.

• Haha
Your statement is almost as dumb as that fox news segment expressing disbelief that poor people have refrigerators.
I think it's apple and orange... i am not sure why you think his/her statement is dumb. We know most (emphasis on most here) Americans live beyond their means.

Maybe you can elaborate on why you think his statement is dumb...

There can be 2 truths here. Many Americans are struggling and many Americans live outside their means. Don’t execute the guy based on one comment though it does come off as out of touch.

I think it's apple and orange... i am not sure why you think his/her statement is dumb. We know most (emphasis on most here) Americans live beyond their means.

First of all, we don't "know" most Americans live beyond their means. At least 50% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. And our household savings rate, while not stellar, is actually higher than Canada's and many other Western European countries.

And it's not apple and oranges. It's actually very much the same stupidity that propels the so-called logic behind other "well, you have basic item X (phone, tv, computer, fridge) so how can you be poor?" kind of statements.

And make no mistake, if you live in 95% of this country (aka not a compact major metro area with robust public transportation) a car is pretty much an absolute requirement for gainful employment. The people one sees at those food banks were probably regular middle class or lower middle class people before this madness hit, so the suggestion that Dallas/FW/Plano etc residents should sell their cars to make ends meet is asinine.

Last edited:

It’s dumb because as I stated above most people in this country need a car to get to work, school, etc. In many places if you could ride a bike (like the distance wasn’t that far), there aren’t safe bike lanes and public transportation doesn’t exist. So to say that people who are lining up for a food bank should just sell their cars to magically solve their problems (especially during a pandemic when the economy is in the toilet) is dumb.

Grocery prices have also gone up during the pandemic.

I don’t have time to pull up all the data right now. But in most cities minimum wage jobs are unlikely to mean you can afford a 2 bedroom apartment in most places. It’s hard to criticize people for living beyond their means when they get paid pennies and things like cars, internet, cell phones, etc are pretty much essentials these days.

The federal minimum wage is $7.25. The last time it went up was in 2009. That’s so horrrific.

Reactions: 5 users
I know it's dumb but show that video in a third world country and see what they think about people rolling up to a food bank in a 30k$ car.
But i know you are a first world problem complainer since you also think spending 15k$ vs 20k per school year for childrens education is almost a crime :eyebrow:

In other Georgia news, Anesthesiologist Michelle Au won her election for a state senate seat. And while diehard trumpets may boycott the runoffs, a more organized Asian vote may help sway the runoffs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ebc9_story.html#click=https://t.co/PQDnytQy2h

Isn't she the one who used to do those comics about med school 15ish years back?

I know it's dumb but show that video in a third world country and see what they think about people rolling up to a food bank in a 30k$ car.
But i know you are a first world problem complainer since you also think spending 15k$ vs 20k per school year for childrens education is almost a crime :eyebrow:

It's almost as if things are relative and different countries have different standards of living....which makes comparisons between those wildly disparate countries even more asinine when trying to have a practical discussion.

Maybe because you don't live in the US you don't get it, but we live in a country where billionaires' wealth increased by $1T over the course of the pandemic. We had a COVID relief bill where at least half a trillion dollars probably went to cronies or corporations who didn't need the money. And the federal reserve was able to buy $1.4T in treasuries magically out of thin air.

Meanwhile, the right wing in this country was *obsessed* over the "exorbitant" $600 per week people were getting and probably other similarly dumb musings of yours like "middle class people in Dallas have cars while little kids in Africa don't even have shoes, where are their priorities?!?!?"

Last edited:
Meanwhile white people are getting spray tans.
Marketing relies on creating insecurities then selling a cure to the insecurity that you've created. I used to call this the trust and fear model of sales back when I did it. You have to make a consumer trust you enough to believe you, then use that trust to make them fear being without something. Granted, I was selling technology and not something to alter one's physical appearance, so I felt less bad about it because the inherent insecurities created weren't body image destroying. But the same principles always apply

Unless you live where public transport is reliable, easily accessible, affordable owning a car is pretty much a necessity to function in society and hold down a job. You can nitpick over what is more responsible owning a beat up older car that you'll have to drop a ton of money on for repairs every month or a newer car, but its not like that photo was filled with luxury sports cars.

How ironic that you bring up "3rd world countries" because many in many of them their Covid response has been better than ours in the US!

I’ve lived in a developing country and have friends living in several and yeah they aren’t idiots. They know the US response has been problematic and know that even people in America go hungry.

Unless you live where public transport is reliable, easily accessible, affordable owning a car is pretty much a necessity to function in society and hold down a job. You can nitpick over what is more responsible owning a beat up older car that you'll have to drop a ton of money on for repairs every month or a newer car, but its not like that photo was filled with luxury sports cars.
I purchased my first car for less than 1k... These people are driving 10k+ car and probably have an iphone as well.

Last edited:
I purchased my first car for less than 1k... These people are driving 10k+ car and probably have an iphone as well.

Again, obsessing over middle class peoples' 1k vs 10k car on their way to a foodbank during the pandemic while elsewhere trillions of dollars materialized out of nowhere for people who didn't really need it......is missing the forest from the trees.

Reactions: 7 users
Again, obsessing over middle class peoples' 1k vs 10k car on their way to a foodbank during the pandemic while elsewhere trillions of dollars materialized out of nowhere for people who didn't really need it......is missing the forest from the trees.
I understand that. I hate cooperate welfare as much as you probably do, but let's be honest here: The lower/mid middle class in the US needs to stop spending money they don't have (putting many things on credit).

Before I went to med school, my spouse and I were making 110-120k combined and we were criticized (behind our back of course) for not living in a "better" home. Granted that we were living in a ~1500 sqft townhome in a lower middle class neighborhood.

I understand that. I hate cooperate welfare as much as you probably do, but let's be honest here: The lower/mid middle class in the US needs to stop spending money they don't have (putting many things on credit).
This is the second time you're saying this but you really haven't supported the claim.

Could Americans be better savers? Sure. But are we really that out of whack with other first world countries? I don't think so. Furthermore, wages for the average worker have not kept up with the cost of living over the last 30 years.

1606672358721.png

This is the second time you're saying this but you really haven't supported the claim.
How about the claim than many people can't walk, run, bike, commute to work? In which cities is this totally impossible?
They know the US response has been problematic and know that even people in America go hungry.
Per CDC obesity in the US in 2017-2018: 42%! But yeah people go hungry.

How about the claim than many people can't walk, run, bike, commute to work? In which cities is this totally impossible?
How about you or he defend the first claim before you go jumping about with more distracting nonsense?

• Love
:hello:

Its a 20 minute drive up a super busy 4 lane highway to get to work (same for my wife in the opposite direction). Plus I have to get my 5 year olds to school which is technically close enough we could bike but its 2 miles along a 2 lane pretty busy highway with no sidewalks. Plus they don't know how to ride bikes yet.