scramble: eras, findaresident, fax

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andy toth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
this is to clear up any confusion about scramble procedure, i hope:

eras: just assign to the unfilled programs (30 max, free on mar 19)

findaresident: publish your CV and data, and select programs in the system on march 19th @ noon.

faxing: that was my question.

if one has to scramble, which way is most predominant for sending your credentials? do programs still want people to fax? or do all programs expect a fax. i do not know the process, and i am trying to think of an effective way to do this. someone please, let's make a flow chart. call everyone first, /then/ send?

Members don't see this ad.

Select the programs you want to apply to and if you are registered with the ERAS have them forward your documents for free ( findaresident, charges for these services...) and absolutely call every program and notify them that your documents are being sent and you are interested in the position, and inquire about any additional documents they may require and you will fax them immediately. Gotta love the Scramble!!! Better hope the PDs' have hired additional help with all those phone ringing off the wall. :D

Hi:

Can anyone tell me that if you know you will scramble - is it a good idea to contact programs that didn't fill last year to let them know your looking in case they don't fill this year? Is that "kosher"? Thanks

M-