Scramble

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dbiddy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have personal experience with the scramble? I'm wondering how it works (if I don't match). I am an IMG, so I won't have my schools deans office to help me (I don't think). Can we use ERAS to send our info to unfilled programs? If so, do we pay to use it? How hard is it to get through on the phone lines? I'd imagine that if there are 3-4 radiology spots, and 300-400 unmatched med students who want them...........it would be pretty tough to get through.

Hope someone can help?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes if you previously applied through ERAS and they have all your required documents, you can use ERAS for a limited time, ie for that week during the scramble and send at most 30 applications to programs. I got this information from my dean.

Thanks. Hopefully it won't come to that. Oh yeah, after you assign your info, do you still call everyone? I'd imagine that you do.

I might call the program first before I send my info. However, I am fully prepared for a faxing frenzy if need be. I don't expect that many unmatched positions in radiology. There were 6 last year and probably will be about the same this year.