Scrap Paper + MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heplayer92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Couldn't find any good tips on using scrap paper during the exam, so could anyone shoot me some pointers?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If it helps, regurgitate some formulas.

More importantly, figure out a way to keep your timing. I marked down "P1" through "P7" for the passages and crossed them out as I finished them so I knew exactly how many I had left and how much time I could spend on the remaining ones. This works for all three sections.

I only use the scrap paper on PS and sometimes on BS if there's some sort of calculation. Using it for anything else just takes up time when I do it. I don't even bother with scrap paper on verbal

Do testing centers distribute regular 8.5" x 11" sheets of paper? Are they lined or blank?

How are they distributed? Do you get a set amount to start with and have to request more? Is there an effectively unlimited amount in a stack right next to you?

I'd love an unlimited amount of lined paper but that's probably unrealistic.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do testing centers distribute regular 8.5" x 11" sheets of paper? Are they lined or blank?

How are they distributed? Do you get a set amount to start with and have to request more? Is there an effectively unlimited amount in a stack right next to you?

I'd love an unlimited amount of lined paper but that's probably unrealistic.

Thanks in advance!

At my place they gave a packet with about 6 unlined pages

Yeah I would honestly call the test center and ask them. Doesn't hurt. Also get a name in case they decide to change it unexpectedly. Thanks for the advice. I tried taking notes on Verbal, but it does suck up a lot of time. Has anyone found using scratch paper for verbal useful?