SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

screening application

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MTY, Aug 1, 2000.

1. MTY

what does it mean when the adcom sent you secondary application to selective applicants?

does it mean that the applicant passed certain types of criteria that they look for such as mcat and gpa?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member 15+ Year Member

Nov 3, 1999
    Kansas City
    Yes, some schools "screen" their applicants before sending a secondary application. I imagine the formula or criteria vary from school to school. However, I would guess that GPA and MCAT play a large role. What school was it that mentioned that? I know that schools such as Duke, Ohio State, Northwestern, and Case Western(I think) have some sort of screening process. I'm sure others can add to the list -- those are simply ones I'm familiar with.
  4. MTY

on top of the schools that you mentioned, vcu, all univ of cali schools, vanderbuilt etc. actually, i have this book at home that tells you the schools which sent out secondary application to selective students. if anyone who is interesed, let me know.
    for example, i know uc davis sent out to 40% of applicants who applied. vcu sent out 2200 applicants out of 4000.