ericali

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2005
Status
Do schools like the UCs in fact screen you based on your MCAT? Or did they just want to make sure you have taken it before they gave you the secondary? My MCATs were not good but I got all the secondaries from UCs-- I am wondering if they just wanted to take my money or that if they actually bother looking at the scores before they send out the invites.

FrkyBgStok

10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2005
Midwest
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
they bother looking at them. what do you consider not good though?

gossmer

10+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2005
Status
Medical Student
ericali said:
Do schools like the UCs in fact screen you based on your MCAT? Or did they just want to make sure you have taken it before they gave you the secondary? My MCATs were not good but I got all the secondaries from UCs-- I am wondering if they just wanted to take my money or that if they actually bother looking at the scores before they send out the invites.
Yes, they screen and they screen heavily. Most won't send a secondary without and MCAT score, although there are a few exceptions made. If you got the secondaries, be proud of yourself.

About the Ads

daviddamoore

UK fool
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2005
Cali, SJ
Status
It's not ALL on MCAT.....

Trust me :mad:

;)

PurpleHaze

Takin it day by day
10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
If I'm not mistaken Thomas Jefferson University does screen based on MCAT scores (8 minimum in each section), but they'll send you a secondary regardless.

neurofan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2005
Status
University of Washington screens on MCAT (Average of a 9) and GPA (3.4) for interview decisions. I think everyone with state or WAMI residency gets a secondary.

SearsTower

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
i got secondaries from 3 UC's and I'm a trashy applicant!

ericali

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2005
Status
SearsTower said:
i got secondaries from 3 UC's and I'm a trashy applicant!
What's your definition of trashy? What I'm asking is: if you're a hopeless applicant with no chance for interview, do they give you a secondary just to take your money?

About the Ads