screwed for Nwestern i think

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sundown

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i guess i somewhat discounted the real meaning of "overnight" delivery from the USPS. My Northwestern deadline was today, so i though i was ok if i expressed it on sunday night from the airport here in Omaha, NE. turns out there is only a possibility of it getting there today, more likely getting there tomorrow. I know im the ***** here, just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. the literature on the website seems discouraging. :mad: i messed up on this one, application fee + 15 bucks to overnight it.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard of people getting their app in late (by a few days) and still having it accepted. Try to just relax, I'm sure it will all be fine.

thanks ad, i now feel like i don't have to worry about this issue anymore :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a similar thing happen with my LOR's. The deadline was 9/1 and they had all been sent but had not made it to the admissions office through the university mail system. The school was really cool about it. You are probably fine.

Both my secondary and recs were late by a day; but the status check says they were received on time:D

Don't worry, you'll be fine.

i hear northwestern gets really backed up since hundreds of apps arrive on one day- so it will take them awhile to process everything i think. dont worry.

you can call though.

Call the admissions office and ask to speak to Felicia. She can extend the deadline for you.

-Stan

Don't worry about it! I called the admissions people before I mailed my application to find out whether I should send it priority or express or whatever and they told me mail's backed up for about a week and not to expect it getting in to the system for a while. Besides, if you paid their fee already, there's no reason why they should blow you off if it arrives a day late. And if they don't accept your app, just have the credit card company reverse the charge!