Scribe America medical scribe application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akimhaneul

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there certain skills that medical scribe jobs look for? I am doing application for Scribe America and it's asking me to list some skills so I'm not quite sure how to approach this.

Also, why are all the available positions for Scribe America part-time?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would advise to look elsewhere too, for scribing positions. I applied to ScribeAmerica and didn't hear anything back, but applied to a local scribing company and was hired within the month.

ScribeAmerica does have full time scribing positions, but this might vary based on where you are.

I don't think there are any specific skills that are 'required' by scribe america, but it is a good idea to have basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology, skills with computers, typing, etc. Also multitasking and organizational experiences/skills

Members don't see this ad :)
Skills:

Fast typing skills
Good multitasking skills
Good listening skills
Able to perform well under stress/pressure
Fast learner
Great communication skills

I'm currently working as a part-time scribe under a specialized department. Hours will range from 19-30 hours. I know I will get more hours if I ask/train with different providers/ cross train into other specialty.

I'm content with my hours since I dont have bills and live in my mother's basement :unsure:

SA was a terrible company to work for. PM me if you'd like more details.

I would also take several typing tests online. I was required to "audition" with 3 live typing tests. Anybody below 75 WPM was cut on the spot.