Scribing Company

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littledoctor1992

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I was recently offered a position to be a scribe at a local hospital through scribe solutions. I couldn't be more excited, as I've been looking for a position for a long time. A few things worried me that I want to get your input on. Is it normal that they are asking for me to pay for my own drug/titers/random tests? They are also asking me to pay for my own background check. All of this adds up pretty quickly. I would love to work as a scribe I just want to see what you guys think about this. Should I take this opportunity or wait for another company to respond to my application? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Providing your own titers seems reasonable, but having you pay for a background check and drug screen seems sketchy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they pay well? Scribe America pays for your background/drug tests so this is a bit odd.

That was the other sketchy thing, I didn't see the pay listed anywhere on the papers they sent me to sign. It's definitely a legitimate company because I did some research on them but I think it may be best to wait for a different opportunity.

Company I work for did not make me pay for drug screen or background check. They did however expect me to cover the cost of a mandatory online course on the fine art of scribing ($200) along with a $50 handy dandy handbook on the same subject (haven't opened it since). They did reimburse me though after my training (2 months later). Maybe ask them if this is something they would reimburse but it is kind of strange imo they would ask you to pay for those things. Never heard of a company, scribe or otherwise, that does that.

Hello! Congrats on the offer. I'm looking into scribing as well and would appreciate your insight! Are you working full time? Did they ask you to make a one year commitment? Thanks!

That is very weird... Everything should be covered

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey Everyone!

I was recently offered a position to be a scribe at a local hospital through scribe solutions. I couldn't be more excited, as I've been looking for a position for a long time. A few things worried me that I want to get your input on. Is it normal that they are asking for me to pay for my own drug/titers/random tests? They are also asking me to pay for my own background check. All of this adds up pretty quickly. I would love to work as a scribe I just want to see what you guys think about this. Should I take this opportunity or wait for another company to respond to my application? Thanks!
Old post but anyone else worked for this company?

When I got hired for Scribe America I was given the impression that I was on hook for all of the titers and flu vaccine. However, upon pushing my chief scribe a bit further, I found out it's all covered.

Ye
When I got hired for Scribe America I was given the impression that I was on hook for all of the titers and flu vaccine. However, upon pushing my chief scribe a bit further, I found out it's all covered.
Yeh - if you don't ask ... Definitely worth pushing back on this, especially when cash flow is tough prior to starting.