FutureDoctor06

7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello,
I am taking OCHEM 1, BIO 2 and Physics 1 this semester. I might start scribing part time during the weekend along with 4 hours of volunteering and 6 hours of research. Is this doable? I've heard ochem and learning to scribe don't mix but I'm curious how much time I will have to study as school is my priority.
Thanks.

Reactions: TimeforChange

Tea Leaf

2+ Year Member
May 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Honestly it might be too much. Are you scribing in an ED? Most shifts are 10-12 hours, and working a minimum of 2 would be A LOT. Add that to volunteering and research, it might be too much. Orgo, bio, and physics will need a lot of extra time for you to study, get help, and work on practice questions... it might be better to put off scribing until you have a lighter course load.

Also, for the first 2-3 months, scribing is very stressful until you get the hang of it. In the beginning, some recommend taking up a lot of shifts so you get good practice, but this may not be possible with a demanding schedule. If you think you can do it, go for it! But you definitely don't want to set yourself up for failure.

Last edited:
OP
FutureDoctor06

FutureDoctor06

7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Honestly it might be too much. Are you scribing in an ED? Most shifts are 10-12 hours, and working a minimum of 2 would be A LOT. Add that to volunteering and research, it might be too much. Orgo, bio, and physics will need a lot of extra time for you to study, get help, and work on practice questions... it might be better to put off scribing until you have a lighter course load.

Also, for the first 2-3 months, scribing is very stressful until you get the hang of it. In the beginning, some recommend taking up a lot of shifts so you get good practice, but this may not be possible with a demanding schedule. If you think you can do it, go for it! But you definitely don't want to set yourself up for failure.
Thanks for your input. I guess it is going to be a lesson in time management. It will be the first semester that I will be truly busy.