Scripps interview disaster help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pankova21

Reaction score
Hi! Asking for advice. I had an interview with Scripps and I completely choked, I performed very poorly and did not adequately express myself, fumbled multiple times, rambled on questions and didn’t say what I had wanted to convey. I let my nerves get the best of me and it was a trainwreck. I already sent a thank you letter but I am thinking of sending a follow up to better address the questions that they asked, to express the quality of candidate responses that I know I have. I had a successful interview today at another school, night and day, but Scripps was my top choice. My only worry is will I make it even worse. I thought of either a supplemental statement or a video. For context I got into columbia and was waitlisted at bryn mawr, rejected from goucher.

Members don't see this ad.

You must be talking about the post-bacc programs. We all screw up on interviews sometimes, and most of the time it's best to leave it. A thank you letter suffices. Sending even more will likely annoy them.

Congrats on your other acceptances :)

Hi! Asking for advice. I had an interview with Scripps and I completely choked, I performed very poorly and did not adequately express myself, fumbled multiple times, rambled on questions and didn’t say what I had wanted to convey. I let my nerves get the best of me and it was a trainwreck. I already sent a thank you letter but I am thinking of sending a follow up to better address the questions that they asked, to express the quality of candidate responses that I know I have. I had a successful interview today at another school, night and day, but Scripps was my top choice. My only worry is will I make it even worse. I thought of either a supplemental statement or a video. For context I got into columbia and was waitlisted at bryn mawr, rejected from goucher.
Scripps is done and over and any attempts to explain further what you meant will NOT come across well. Look forward, not backward.

Reactions: 1 users
Generally, it's best not to follow up like that, but the director of Scripps does take that stuff into consideration more than others. I went to Scripps. One of my classmates was rejected and ended up calling the director, talking for a little bit and explaining himself and his situation. He ended up getting an acceptance out of the blue and is now happy and in med school. Congrats on Columbia, but yeah I think Scripps is a better program. If you're this late in the cycle they might offer a "deferred acceptance." Basically you're accepted into the program two years from now. You'll have to decide whether immediately going to Columbia or waiting to go to Scripps is more important to you.