Scripps v. Bryn Mawr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NiteRunner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to hear from people with experience in the Scripps post bacc program (or who know a lot about both Scripps' and Bryn Mawr's programs). I'm trying to decide between Scripps and Bryn Mawr. There seems to be a lot of info on these boards about the Bryn Mawr program but I haven't read much from current or recent students about their experience at Scripps. Some specific questions:

- Is the Scripps program well run/organized?
- What's it like taking classes with undergrads?
- Did you have any time to explore the Claremont area (like hikes or trips to the ocean)?
- Were tutoring services easily accessible?
- If you did not link, did you get accepted into the majority of schools you applied to?

I like the idea of a Scripps' small program size but Bryn Mawr seems to have a bigger staff that works only with post baccs.

Any other comments/thoughts on either program are appreciated!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I posted extensively about Scripps in the past, past, if you search my past posts you'll find plenty of info. Quickly, it has everything you're looking for and most people who finish the program are very successful. I would base my decision on where to go on location and your desire for a small, intimate environment.

I'm interested to hear from people with experience in the Scripps post bacc program (or who know a lot about both Scripps' and Bryn Mawr's programs). I'm trying to decide between Scripps and Bryn Mawr. There seems to be a lot of info on these boards about the Bryn Mawr program but I haven't read much from current or recent students about their experience at Scripps. Some specific questions:

- Is the Scripps program well run/organized?
- What's it like taking classes with undergrads?
- Did you have any time to explore the Claremont area (like hikes or trips to the ocean)?
- Were tutoring services easily accessible?
- If you did not link, did you get accepted into the majority of schools you applied to?

I like the idea of a Scripps' small program size but Bryn Mawr seems to have a bigger staff that works only with post baccs.

Any other comments/thoughts on either program are appreciated!

Thanks

If you have specific questions feel free to pm me.