Scrub Shoes & Eyewear

Discussion in 'Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties' started by southerndoc, Nov 28, 2002.

1. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    Anyone have any recommendations for sites with good surgical attire prices? I'm specifically hunting for the "clogger" shoes (so I don't ruin another pair of shoes when I do another surgery or OB rotation) and also for some quality eyewear (Gargoyles maybe?). Those masks with the face shields are too annoying.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. droliver

Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    I favor the mediplogs by Medimex. They're ~ $50 & I've had the same pair about 5 years now. Very comfortable. I do not like the heel lift on the regular Plogs or other similar clogs. These are more like the low-profile birkenstocks except they're more comfortable to me & they do not have the really wide toe-box that makes the Birki's look like clown shoes

http://store.yahoo.com/allheart/mediplogs.html

4. tripod

tripod Member

As far as eye wear goes, I bought a pair of Smith & Wesson glasses from SafetyglassesUSA.com. Some surgeons i worked with before had them and they are pretty dang nice.

5. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good

Attending Physician
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Droliver, the shoes you suggest have ventilation holes in them. I was hoping to get something that would act as a good barrier to keep blood from seeping through. Have you had any problems with this?

6. droliver

Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    the mediplogs are not ventilated on the top like the older plogs model. The are some slits on the sides that are tucked up and under & I've never had anything get in my shoes

7. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good

Attending Physician
    Thanks for the eyewear post. Those things are cheap. I'd rather spend $4 for a pair of glasses than $60 for a pair of Gargoyles. The tightwad bud has bit me. :)