1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Scrub Shoes & Eyewear

Discussion in 'Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties' started by southerndoc, Nov 28, 2002.

1. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Anyone have any recommendations for sites with good surgical attire prices? I'm specifically hunting for the "clogger" shoes (so I don't ruin another pair of shoes when I do another surgery or OB rotation) and also for some quality eyewear (Gargoyles maybe?). Those masks with the face shields are too annoying.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. droliver

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I favor the mediplogs by Medimex. They're ~ $50 & I've had the same pair about 5 years now. Very comfortable. I do not like the heel lift on the regular Plogs or other similar clogs. These are more like the low-profile birkenstocks except they're more comfortable to me & they do not have the really wide toe-box that makes the Birki's look like clown shoes

http://store.yahoo.com/allheart/mediplogs.html

4. tripod

tripod Member
    7+ Year Member

As far as eye wear goes, I bought a pair of Smith & Wesson glasses from SafetyglassesUSA.com. Some surgeons i worked with before had them and they are pretty dang nice.

5. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Droliver, the shoes you suggest have ventilation holes in them. I was hoping to get something that would act as a good barrier to keep blood from seeping through. Have you had any problems with this?

6. droliver

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    the mediplogs are not ventilated on the top like the older plogs model. The are some slits on the sides that are tucked up and under & I've never had anything get in my shoes

7. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good

Attending Physician
    Thanks for the eyewear post. Those things are cheap. I'd rather spend $4 for a pair of glasses than $60 for a pair of Gargoyles. The tightwad bud has bit me. :)