Scrubs! (Not the tv show)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hank123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do we need to buy scrubs for residency (Surgery) and if so, how many sets? What color?

Members don't see this ad.

Do we need to buy scrubs for residency (Surgery) and if so, how many sets? What color?

Yes! You'll need 8 pairs. Get grey or green and a size small.

8 pairs???????????????

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a troll.

Typically the hospital will provide them for free. I think in most places you get them out of a scrub machine and drop them off in the same machine for laundering.

Yes! You'll need 8 pairs. Get grey or green and a size small.

You forgot to mention that they need to be sleeveless, and that he'll need Hank123, MD embroidered on them.

Like DocIvy says, the hospital will provide them for you.

As a matter of fact, most will have a rule against you wearing "outside" scubs (ie, those you've purchased yourself) into the OR.

They will either give you a card to access them in a Pixus like vending machine or they will be on a shelf in the locker room (usually found in commuity hospital type settings).

Thank you for the helpful replies, I am glad you help people when in need, as a real doctor always does. As for the others, I feel bad for your patients.

Thank you for the helpful replies, I am glad you help people when in need, as a real doctor always does. As for the others, I feel bad for your patients.

I know...seriously guys.

if you are thinking about a surgery residency, and you dont know how the scrubs system works in a hospital (which is fairly universal), maybe you should re-evaluate your field of choice.

Too late, already matched. Sucks for you that you're an ass though...

Too late, already matched. Sucks for you that you're an ass though...

I would rather be a smart ass than a *******, as you appear to be. Where did you go to school that you either a)didn't ever wear scrubs, or b)weren't provided them by the hospital but strangely couldn't figure out where to buy them?