1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Scrubs == terrible!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Trek, Oct 30, 2001.

1. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member
    7+ Year Member

I can't believe i missed an hour of flipping between the World Series and the Jordan vs. Knicks game for this! It wasn't funny, the acting wasn't great and there was very little patient involvement (somethign I thought they'd have). I knew i should've left after the first commercial, but like a fool i stayed on. Ah well. I know where I'm NOT gonna be spending tuesday 9:30 to 10pm from now on. --Trek

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TwoSteveSquared

TwoSteveSquared Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I disagree. Refer to my other post.

4. Trek

7+ Year Member

What was cool was that we posted 1 minute apart! But i honestly didn't see much funny in the show. I'm usually the guy that'll laugh at anything, but here I only let out a couple of muffled laughs. The only funny parts were when the girl makes fun of him for cleaning the old guy's rectum but ends up doing it herself, and another part that i already forgot (so it wasn't that funny either). --Trek

5. dvdrv31

dvdrv31 Member
    7+ Year Member

the one last week was much better though.

6. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

none has been as good as the first episode. that was outrageous. the rest have been funny, but no where near the first one.

7. Trek

7+ Year Member

This baby ain't gonna last longer at the rate it's going. I bet ratings are nose diving right now, and it's about to end up like Kramer's show and (soon to end up like) George's show...I'd love to catch the first one, though. --Trek

8. nochaser

nochaser Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm with you, Trek. Saw it once, and not so much as a chuckle. Good concept--bad writing. I have laughed more watching ER.

9. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Trek,

Why the "equals equals"? Are you a C++/Java/C# programmer?

10. DNALadder2002

DNALadder2002 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't think I'll be hurrying for home on Tuesday nights to catch Scrubs.

Too bad about D-backs and their errors! If Schilling pitches, they're gonna get game 4!

touchpause13 likes this.
  11. Trek

7+ Year Member

Coal- i was just so peeved by the show I had to reinforce the fact that scrubs was DEFINITELY equal to terrible. That and a few beers during the yankee game didn't hurt. --Trek

12. praying4MD

praying4MD 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Scrubs was definitely a disappointment this time around.

13. rpames

rpames Optometrist
    10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    Last nights show wasn't as funny as that last few but I'll give a couple more chances. Every show has a bad episode or two.

14. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Trek, I was too busy watching MJ vs the Knicks to pay much attention to scrubs as well. I did see a bit of it, and it did kinda suck this time around. Oh well. I'm still a bit ticked that MJ lost. Seems like conditioning is still an issue with him. I'm sure the man can still dominate though, just not for long stretches like he used to. How about that girl that was sitting next to Spike Lee? Some guy paid $101,300 for that seat and donated it to a charity for the children of the victims.

15. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    It wasn't as funny as it usually is. My favorite part was in the beginning where he goes "Everybody say Ah!...ho!...Ah!...oh!" That cracked me up! I've always wanted to do that to somebody. :)

touchpause13 likes this.
  16. medschoolbound

medschoolbound Junior Member

You guys all need to give Scrubs another chance. I love that show, but I have been watching it from the beginning and I will admit last night's episode wasn't as good as past ones. The first two were hilarious.