Jcm800

10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
I have a wonderful elderly patient who has parkinsons and is doing great with DBS put in like 4 years ago.

She has terrible radicular pain, scoliotic, crooked, narrowed. Just looks bad, multiple levels of badness...
She doesnt want surgery, previously ESIs helped for 6 months at a time, now they do nothing, 4 years later.

Is there any issues with using a St. Jude SCS with a DBS (its a medtronic, to my knowlege the only ones that do it...)

thanks

lobelsteve

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
Canton GA
www.stevenlobel.com
Status
Attending Physician
I have a wonderful elderly patient who has parkinsons and is doing great with DBS put in like 4 years ago.

She has terrible radicular pain, scoliotic, crooked, narrowed. Just looks bad, multiple levels of badness...
She doesnt want surgery, previously ESIs helped for 6 months at a time, now they do nothing, 4 years later.

Is there any issues with using a St. Jude SCS with a DBS (its a medtronic, to my knowlege the only ones that do it...)

thanks
Only that the wires will be impossible to drive up that Diagon Alley.

About the Ads

Jcm800

10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Only that the wires will be impossible to drive up that Diagon Alley.
Old crappy spine. Difficult lead advancement and cord topography will not match fluoro anatomy.
That's all i see... That can be dealt with, if it doesn't work or cant get good stimulation is one thing, I just wanna make sure it's ok to try...

olafa

10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2007
Status
Attending Physician

thanks
Boston makes DBS also.

About the Ads