SCS Psychological Screens; all mental health professionals booked out forever. How to get SCS psych screens done?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ligament

Interventional Pain Management
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hoping you all have tips.

I cannot get any of my pain patients in for routine pain psych care, nor for SCS psych screens prior to SCS trials. Its driving me and my patients bonkers. They are all booked up presumably due to COVID and election stressors.

Do any of you have workaroundss, or perhaps know of SCS psych screen companies that focus on SCS psych screens and do them nationally via telemed?

Any advise appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping you all have tips.

I cannot get any of my pain patients in for routine pain psych care, nor for SCS psych screens prior to SCS trials. Its driving me and my patients bonkers. They are all booked up presumably due to COVID and election stressors.

Do any of you have workaroundss, or perhaps know of SCS psych screen companies that focus on SCS psych screens and do them nationally via telemed?

Any advise appreciated.

Brought the wife in to do our groups. PM me. She could get licensed up there.

Reactions: 1 user
Google Wellbrain. This company keeps e-mailing trying to get me to use them to streamline SCS trials via ipad/telemed.

Beck, Oswestry, Dallas.

Patient completes in office and I score them and dictate a note.
Works for straight medicare but not others.

Reactions: 1 user
Google Wellbrain. This company keeps e-mailing trying to get me to use them to streamline SCS trials via ipad/telemed.
Did fellowship with the founder. Good guy and doc.

Wellbrain will work for some insurances, but not others. You *can* bill for this evaluation as well, but I believe there is a monthly fee of a few hundred dollars to use the program.

If you have a high enough consult volume, you could justify creating your own part time position. Or even as an independent contractor. Or reach out to a residency clinic to try and get a new grad to open up practice that you would be willing to send your referals to and help fill them upon opening their doors.

Could even try to bait people over on the Psych forum to say hey, I have X amount of consults per week in this state, anyone want to move here to be my go to? Or anyone want to do my Telemedicine consults in this state for this population?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users