SDN and Dental school.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cross

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many people that visits SDN during their application circle actually get into dental school? Is it possible to measure? I would say is pretty high maybe 80%. what do you guys think? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

well its hard to say since not everyone on here posts. but it think people on SDN does have the upperhand in getting into dental school than people that don't visit this site. this site link us to people from all over and i don't think there is a question that goes unanswered, versus people who don't visit here, they get their predental questions answered from people they know in their area or by contacting schools. i also think that this forum is a big advantage for the DAT. the study tips that each people post on the DAT is very helpful, i guess this is why SDN DAT averages is higher than the norm.

demonicr said:
well its hard to say since not everyone on here posts. but it think people on SDN does have the upperhand in getting into dental school than people that don't visit this site. this site link us to people from all over and i don't think there is a question that goes unanswered, versus people who don't visit here, they get their predental questions answered from people they know in their area or by contacting schools. i also think that this forum is a big advantage for the DAT. the study tips that each people post on the DAT is very helpful, i guess this is why SDN DAT averages is higher than the norm.

I would also like to add that I believe that those on SDN, or regularly lurk, have a 'go-getter' disposition - meaning that they are willing to research their options and leverage as much resources as possible to help them. People that are willing to do that usually are also the people willing to put the extra effort into their studies, and it is for that reason that I believe that most SDN'ers have such good stats.

Also, one thing that SDN offers is the 'interview feedback section' so that the applicants know what to except in terms of the types of interview questions and environment in which the interview will be held so they can better prepare themselves for them.

The forum also have many people to provide support and advices for other applicants so it is easy to see why SDNers have an advantage in gaining interviews and perhap admissions.