SDN Beta Testing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDN

Welcome to SDN
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi-

Please help us beta test a new section on the SDN site, "SDN Medical School and Dental School Interview Feedback." We need you to enter your experiences (if you remember them), and then let us know if you have any suggestions or notice any bugs.

<a href="http://www.studentdoctor.net/interview" target="_blank">http://www.studentdoctor.net/interview</a>

Post your bugs and suggestions in this thread.

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

You might want to include Canadian schools. There are a number of us on this board. And graduates of Canadian schools can participate in the first round of the NRMS, and our schools are accredited by the AAMC.

Just an idea. Other than that, it looks great!

What order are these schools in? It was too hard for me to find my schools :( .

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, it's sorted by school name now. Thanks for the suggestions!

an error page came up when i tried to submit.

when viewing other's experiences, I'd prefer not to have to hit "back" each time when there are multiple entries for one school. Maybe have 10 or 5 entries on one page so you can just scroll down and save time.

We're working on the error page. The information is being recorded, even though the error page is showing up.

Hopefully it will be fixed today.

I had an error when I submitted my Cornell feedback, so I tried it again. It looks like I have two submissions.

Also, when I click to read the Hopkins feedback, my window did not display anything.

The error page is fixed. We'll erase the extra entries.

Thanks for the help! :)

Allright, I have a suggestion, though it may be unpopular. I know people don't like to post their stats and undergrad school, but maybe they could have that option because there are a lot of people out here (including myself) who finds this info useful!

Is there a link from the Home Page?

Lee,

Is this new page in addition to the interviewfeedback.com site that is linked to sdn? I am just wondering because the information that is here on sdn is redundant to what is posted there. I guess I am really asking how this will differ from what already exists.

Ben

Good question. :) We're trying to develop a database that will be more interactive and allow students to get more information than what is available at interviewfeedback.com. That's why we need everyone's suggestions. We're also branching-out the information to incorporate dental schools as well.

The suggestion to add interviewees' MCAT scores and GPA is a good one, and we will incorporate it before the final version is avaiable.

Eventually, we're going to develop SDN as one large database, so that a student can come to the site -- get general information about a school, get other students' input on their experiences at the school... and then interact with other med-students and pre-meds through our forums.

where is the University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine?

Solie,

It is in Kansas City, Missouri.

Lee,

Thank you for the reply, it sounds like a good plan to me. Thank you for your help.

Ben

Was this thread MIA for a while? I "search"ed for it and it didn't pop up... As soon as finals are done, I'll post all my interview experiences...

-A

Hi dctrben,

Thanks, but actually I meant that it's missing from the list of schools you can choose from.
;)